Noise at shut down

Brac

I'm currently running my one piece industrial lascalas in my shop, still using the stock AA networks, I have noticed a fair bit of noise when I power down the pre-amp. I never had this with the Klf-10's that were fed with the same setup. I know these are more efficient but I really hate pops and such as they can damage things. Any ideas on what to do? Pre-amp is Zone 2 from my UMC-1 to a Jamo MPA-101.

The amp puts it self to sleep, so I don't ever turn it off, but I will try that.

I have one speaker that does that up stairs. I turn the volume all the way down and count to 5 then shut down with just barely a peep.

Downstairs on the mc30's I turn volume all the way down then turn the mc30's off, then the pre-amp. Works well for me.

Taz

• Moderators

So what is this really doing , draining capacitors ? I ask because in the workshop I can turn off the Crown D 75 and it still plays for 4-5 seconds before going off, if I turn off the pre amp first it makes a little pop when thew amp is turned off. Sometimes it still makes a very little pop even after draining off the power. ? Does this hurt the amps, draining them down first ?

A lot of pro-audio power amps do the same. Nothing to worry about. There's no relays to shunt the output stage when switched off.

Even well after shut down, it's certainly no less unnerving to pull a signal patch and hear that sucker pop. It's had me think twice a couple of times! [*-)][:P]