question of the day?????

VIC

Hey Vic, You've heard my system and its improved since then so I think I'd stay with what I have. However, this is a dream so I better just grab a few hundred thousand dollars and see what I can come up with. Hope you are enjoying your new system. Shake

For some reason I double posted the same thing so here's my edit after reading some of the more recent posts. I'm gonnna need a lot more money. Billions just to be sure the cash doesn't run out. My new plan is to buy a bunch of companies like Klipsch, Boulder, the holding company that has McIntosh, Denon, etc and have a brain storming session with all the best engineers, computer architects, civil engineers and the like to create the most cutting edge theater possible. Something not too big, just for me and few select friends and family from time to time. Certainly no more than ten seats to maintain an inimate environment. I, of course, would never have to leave as my attached residence, staff of personel assistants, ie, chef, maintenence, masseuse, and all the other fine and necessary help I could find would be available. It will be subterranian so I won't bother anyone and they won't bother me. It seems like the temperature and accoustical environment would be good in Shake's Cave Theater if its deep enough. Just to sweeten the deal any of the equipment developed from the project would be available to Klipsch Forum Members on a sliding scale so everyone could have their dream systems as well. Dreams can be extremely grandiose can't they? Shake

Hey Vic, You've heard my system and its improved since then so I think I'd stay with what I have. However, this is a dream so I better just grab a few hundred thousand dollars and see what I can come up with. Hope you are enjoying your new system. Shake

but is it your dream system

• Moderators

It would begin with a Blues club with the house band being Booker T and the MGs, then I would invite Albert King, Stevie Ray Vaughn and John Lee Hooker.

I would never need to leave, Top Notch [Y]

hey guys i have a question for everyone what would be your dream system ?

I had my standard answer 6 already to go and just doesn't work....

7 Jubilees with horn loaded subs in Dolby True HD 7.2 configuration. I'm a black herion (LP) junkie so maybe Jubilees with hornloaded bass sub(s). McIntosh or other US made electronics. The Boulder brand looks to be built like a tank. More realistically Indy Audo Labs Aragon. I think some boutique tube gear for 2 channel, Made in US of course. Maybe a Juicy Music Peach if can find one and NOSValve VRD tube amplifiers. (Do I have the model correct) Or JM PCats. The latter kind of affordable for tubes.. Maybe some Bob Carver monster high power tube amps.

TT and cartridge? No idea, but I think cartridge will be Grado Statemement. One of those crazy stupidly expen$ive uber cool statement turntables. For now I'm pretty happy with Dual CS 5000 and Shure v15 type 5 mr.

Cables and wires? Yes. Won't work with out them. Some pretty custom built by a forum member that builds them.

Bill the Cat / Bloom County audio accessories. Auralex room treatments. Artto, MAS, GMLA51, ... as consultants to build great rooms.

6 million dollar for the budget, large new home, etc....

Maybe Tim DeParavicini (sp?) can build some custom tube gear?

Klipsch Mode M40 'phones. Some of the rumored z-series in ear. And Grado Statement 'phones (or whatever they're called) Just dig the wooden ones. Maybe the SR-1 or 2 that are more realistic.

Numerous rigs for at least 2 channels.... some Ohm Walsh driver models to try out / demo the cylindrical wave front. Large maggies as well, speakers so thin just look cool and what the do well, the do very well.

I'd have to research....