question of the day?????

VIC

RF 63 HT system or the RF 83 for some reason have a special appeal to me. I like having 3 woofers for a little tighter bass and the 1.25 tweeter is a nice size to fill in the Hi's. I wish one of those system had a horn like the Icon V or W. They just look great!

A pair of P-39f's each powered by a MC2KW (McIntosh 2,000 Watt Monoblock). I've not done a lot of research on stereo pre-amps, but C2300 looks pretty nice. On the other hand, I am not a huge fan of the looks of the McIntosh brand. I like discrete and not many lights, because I find them to be annoying and distracting when trying to watch a movie. My dream addition to my current system though would be a pair of RB-81s I can run off my XPA-5 and get an XPA-2 for my 83s and an XMC-1 (I know I know, it's not even out yet, but this IS a dream) to replace the UMC-1

If you win the lottery, are you going to buy all of us our dream systems? If you are, I think Youth should edit his post. I can kind of agree with him though. I really couldn't ask for anything more from the RF-83s. They are the first speaker I ever owned that turned a WAF into a SAF

That's pretty sweet you got invited to that event. You seemed kind of let down though by their performance. I have never heard anything worth more than what I have now in my living room, but I could see the price per performance not being so great on stuff like that. I am sure it would be amazing if you could hear from 16hz to 45kh, but it just seems way overkill for what the ear can actually hear. If I had a pair, I would probably have to get a dog to go with it, so at least someone is hearing them higher frequencies. Maybe I'll just go back to wanting to finish out my rear surrounds and a new amp for fronts. I'm not even sure I want an xmc-1 anymore. The more time I spend tweaking speaker settings on my UMC-1, the less I feel the need to upgrade.

• Moderators

It just proves the Law of Diminishing Return. You eventually get to a point in your setup that by "upgrading", you improve marginally.

I'm not even sure I want an xmc-1 anymore. The more time I spend tweaking speaker settings on my UMC-1, the less I feel the need to upgrade.

And that my friend is an incredible place to be. [:D]

• Moderators

I actually heard that system.

A forum member had these, I did have a chance to hear them. Not sure if I liked them, not that they sounded bad by far, just different, I like horns. He used two mono Mac amps that were to heavy to lift by one person.

I could have been intimidated by there price, and height and weight ? [:$]

i am actually verry happy with my current setup. There are a lot of things that i would like to try like mcintosh gear and various tube amps varying in power from a few watts to a high wattage system. Id also like to try some rotel d class amps to sample their sound. Id want to check out the 300w x 7 outlaw amp.

As for speakers, nothing has peaked my interested more than what MBL offers. Id like to own a pair of these:

http://mbl-usa.com/View.aspx/2101/mbl-101---MK-II

%5B706%5DMK%20II%20-.jpg

• Moderators

a pair of these would be cool in the home... powered by who knows what.

993f31f25da969599731303c0376deb7.jpg?133

those are some big speakers

There just tall but not much wider than a Cornwall.

Really the top horn is not needed with the right driver on that 402 horn, a 2 way is better anyway, the less crossover points the better. [Y]

To answer the question, for me I would just want better amps and a good preamp for the 2 ch. For the Ht new electronics and updated caps for the speakers.

OR for the HT just get a center and rears to match my 2 ch fronts which are better than the one in the pic posted here, now that would be unbelievable sounding.

That's a tough one...I suppose I would check out the palladium series. Those things look super nice, and I'm sure they sound equally as super. I think I'd only go for that as a living room setup tho. If I had a dedicated theatre room, I'd probably go with the ultra series, or something of the like. If I was to just upgrade my system, I'd go with the RF-7 IIs and RC-64 II for the fronts and upgrade to a nice pre/pro and a couple amps. Aaaaah to have unlimited amounts of cash....

• Moderators

Not sure if I liked them, not that they sounded bad by far, just different, I like horns.

I'm with ya. I liked the sound as well, just didn't see the "value" in them to justify their price.

I could have been intimidated by there price, and height and weight ?

LOL.

i am actually verry happy with my current setup. There are a lot of things that i would like to try like mcintosh gear and various tube amps varying in power from a few watts to a high wattage system. Id also like to try some rotel d class amps to sample their sound. Id want to check out the 300w x 7 outlaw amp.

As for speakers, nothing has peaked my interested more than what MBL offers. Id like to own a pair of these:

http://mbl-usa.com/View.aspx/2101/mbl-101---MK-II

%5B706%5DMK%20II%20-.jpg

Don't know why, but that reminds me of:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyN1cQpYKt2wqns2JkPTE

• Moderators

Thanks Bruce and we are very happy with them, I wish everyone could hear them. It's the best sound we have ever had, by far.

We were VERY lucky to find a pair of 402's and a Ev dx 38 at a price we could afford, thanks JC and Mark !