Onkyo pr-sc5508 vs emotiva XMC-1

Scrappydue

I believe, and please correct me if I am wrong, is instead of hooking the LFE and Front preouts into your amp, you can put them through the USP-1 first, from your pre/pro or receiver. That way, anyone can integrate the USP-1 into their system, instead of having to either by a second amp or keep swapping cables around. And because it is a bypass, I would think the high-pass and low-pass settings you can set via the control knob on the back of the USP-1 should have no baring on the crossovers you setup in your HT pre/pro.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I have a fixed screen and it still moves when my subs do. My guess is regardless of whether you have a fixed or tension or standard drop, it is going to move because it is made of fabric. Only way to prevent that is to buy a screen that is a solid, hard surface (like some of the Firehawk Screens).

Correct the basic idea with a USP-1 or any preamp with an HT-Bypass is this, the unit sits between your AV pre/pro and your amps, when you wish to use the AV unit it is in effect simply a peice of wire, but you hook up say any analog gear you have to the USP-1 and use it when you wish to listen to analog 2.1 channel music. This at least for my needs proved infinately better then the analog inputs on the onkyo, and I think I picked one up for like $275 used so money very well spent imho.