KLIPSCH TAPES ARE NOW AVAILABLE ~ JUST RELEASED

artto

Downloaded "Heroic Music for Organ, Brass, and Percussion" with Biggs 24/196. VERY clean! Seems a bit thin on the low end, though I only listened to three tracks before my son came home.

More intense listening when I can, but "clean" is the operative word for this short and cursory introduction.

Dave

One question, what is better the DVD or HQ CD ?

I don't know for sure as I don't use DVD-A (audio) but since the downloads are available in 24/192 I would assume that the DVD is at this resolution too but you might want to check with HDTT first. I bought the downloads so for the physical disc I ordered the HQCD as my SACD player doesn't play DVD-A.

Downloaded "Heroic Music for Organ, Brass, and Percussion" with Biggs 24/196. VERY clean! Seems a bit thin on the low end, though I only listened to three tracks before my son came home.

More intense listening when I can, but "clean" is the operative word for this short and cursory introduction.

Dave

LOL, I got an email from Bob Witrak at HDTT this morning. Apparently I was able to purchase and download yesterday when they were doing some beta testing. When I went back to check on something the Klipsch Tapes were no longer available. But they are up and running this morning.

The organ tracks on the Klipsch Tapes recordings are not lacking in the low end at all. They go down deep and powerful. The PWK interview is a real hoot! Some of the performances leave something to be desired but that's to be expected.

Overall I'd say these are a fine example of how far we have not come. It amazes me that people could listen to this kind of sound quality in their homes nearly 60 years ago. And to think that when I was in H.S. some 15+ years after this, I thought the Zenith stereo console I bought was the best there was. DUH (but hey, it did have horn-loaded midrange and tweeter).

• Like 1