wtb subwoofer

VIC

Without question, any of those SVS subs would be great. I don't know how you feel about a used sub but this one is worth inquiring about.

http://longisland.craigslist.org/eld/3079873513.html

The Revel B15(cherry) in the ad. If it is cheap enough and you don't what it, I would gladly add another B15 to my setup.[:D]

I just went to the website and the Revel B15 is for sale used for $1299.00 which is about normal for this $3300.00 subwoofer.

http://americanaudiophilecom.cv.siteprotect.net/used_sale.html

Bill

Let us not forget, if not the best one of the best subs on the market, The Earthquake supernova in 10,12, and 15 inch. Remarkable no bullshit specs unlike some other companys that claim the unobtainable. READ UP on what can be accomplished on 120 volts. You will find a lot of lying companys. Check out the Supernovas test results online by independant researchers not themselves like other companys.

Hi VIC.

I just thought I'd share my 0.02 in.

I also had the synergy sub 12 and I thought it did a good job for the price and I was lucky enough not to have the amp problems either.

That being said when I upgraded to SVS PB12 NSD I was completely blown away, it honestly does everything better. Low end extension, detail, and output.

There are plenty of great reviews out there too.

My room is large 17x23 plus a hallway and stairwell it still did a good job. I recently ended up adding a second NSD and I am re watching a lot of blurays and it does add a new level of excitement.

Well vic as an owner of the pb-13 ultra, and spending quite a few hours on the phone with svs before i ordered i can assure you that the ultra is not even in the same category as the dual sealed 12's or the pc-12. i can say if you listed the three of those as something you can afford i can assure you that one pb-13 ultra will blow your mind. it is my favorite piece of my home theater and now that i have two, i am in pure heaven. i can't wait to get them in a bigger room and on opposite sides of the center for the real advantages of having dual subs. stacked just gets me more spl, but it was a future proof buy since they went on sale. well the cherry and the natural oak anyways. there is a cherry one that budman is selling. i dont know if he got an offer yet, but it would be a good buy for sure

spending quite a few hours on the phone with svs before i ordered i can assure you that the ultra is not even in the same category as the dual sealed 12's or the pc-12. i can say if you listed the three of those as something you can afford

this is the thing scrappy i dont know anyone with these sbus and as for price i can afford and of the subs i just want something that im gonna have for a long time and the wife likes the cylinder subs i dont know why but she does
  • Like 1

Well I think any of these is gonna beat what you have. If the wife likes the cylinder get that one. But I can tell you that there are alot of reviews out there that say the cylinder won't dig quite as deep as the box sub simply for the reason of it being a larger box. But I think any of your choices will be great. Good luck. Let us know what you go with.

Well vic as an owner of the pb-13 ultra, and spending quite a few hours on the phone with svs before i ordered i can assure you that the ultra is not even in the same category as the dual sealed 12's or the pc-12. i can say if you listed the three of those as something you can afford i can assure you that one pb-13 ultra will blow your mind. it is my favorite piece of my home theater and now that i have two, i am in pure heaven. i can't wait to get them in a bigger room and on opposite sides of the center for the real advantages of having dual subs. stacked just gets me more spl, but it was a future proof buy since they went on sale. well the cherry and the natural oak anyways. there is a cherry one that budman is selling. i dont know if he got an offer yet, but it would be a good buy for sure

Dual 13's would be amazing the cherry finish is by far the nicest looking as well.

If I was able to get the ultra here (in canada they are $2300 with tax) for $1600 instead of two nsds that would be something to think about.

I must say that two subs do blend in better in my situation, there is no localization.

Get the besat you can afford, any ported svs sub will sound better then the synergy sub 12 in my opinion.