Lascalas with IB pics and question

chambers1517

Here are some pics of my theater. I have Lascalas across the front and Heresy's in back. I also have 4 IB3 18" subs in an IB. I have Audyssey x32 and when it does the setup it sets the crossovers at 40hz across the front. It sets the sides and surrounds ay 60hz. Does this seem right or should I set everything to 80hz. The Audyssey setup sounds good.

post-6649-13819738103202_thumb.jpg

post-6649-1381976876281_thumb.jpg

post-6649-13819795784478_thumb.jpg

Here is the rears. The room is still a work in progress. I have 3 old couches until I get som theater seats. I also need to paint some drywall patches. The room is 14' x 28'. The Lascalas sit in boxes and the front wall is sealed. Not sure if this is the best arrangement for the surrounds. Would something else be better?

post-6649-13819738160726_thumb.jpg

post-6649-1381976881919_thumb.jpg

post-6649-13819795842202_thumb.jpg

The second and third row each sit on risers. The risers are full of insulation and there is a 1" gap across the bottom of the front of each riser to create a trap. The lfront speakers are now covered with grill cloth. I will post more pictures when I get a chance. The IB keeps up with the Lascalas no problem. The front wall is full of concrete to make it rigid.

Sweet system! 40 Hz and 60 Hz crossover seems low to me, since La Scala and Heresy don't go that low. I'd override to 60 and 80 Hz, or maybe 80 Hz all around given the subs.

As far as the Heresy layout goes, i would tilt them down towards the listenners:

psg_heresy_mounted_angled.jpg

I agree with Pete. 40 Hz seems way too low for Lascalas. I bet they buzz like crazy with the low stuff. Try crossing everything over at 80Hz and see if you like it. Play around with settings and put it where it sounds best to your ears.

Nice to see another IB.

• Moderators

Wow guy, no more comments.

OK, I would love to hear it. [:o]

I know what 3 LaScalas across the front sound like but not with a IB sub, I have never even seen/heard an IB sub. If I did I would probably want one, and the last thing I need is more on the want list. [:$]

Bet it sounds good, the huge screen is also nice, it's also some were on the want list, it can be a long list at times.

How big is the backspace on the IB ?

Anyone close by is definately welcome to come by and check it out. The back room is actuall about 7'x14'x9' and connected to a 6'x12'x9' closet. I have learnt alot on this forum over the years. I think my main question is about the low crossover for the speakers. The IB' sounds great but I really like the horn loaded bass and want to let the lascalas do what they can. I also have the rears mounted upside down but I feel like something is missing.