My latest upgrade...Integra DTR-70.2!

n8g

My basement system just got a bit of an upgrade! I replaced my older Integra DTR-7.8 with a brand new Integra DTR-70.2. The local dealer still had one in stock and they were ready to deal! The main reason to upgrade was to replace the older Integra DTR-6.5 in my living room.

I ran Audessey X32 in the basement. It was not a huge upgrade from the 7.8 for sound but there was a definite improvement in video quality when watching DVDs. The X32 fixed the off-axis sub issues I was experiencing. The overall performance of the sub is more even across its frequency range.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The living room got the true upgrade. Going from the 6.5 to the 7.8 was a HUGE improvement. And since all the recivers look the same, no inquisition from the misses!!!!

• Like 1

n8g,

Nice Integra receiver. All the modern bells and whistles and good looking. I have always liked the way the Integras look with the subtle silver accents of the knobs and dials.

I just upgraded to a new NAD T175HD prepro and was seriously considering a top tier Integra pre/pro or receiver if I was unable to find the NAD at the right price.

Enjoy your new addition,

Bill

• Moderators

That thing looks big, unless it's just all the buttons and controls. I have never heard an Integra, how do they sound compared to the other big name brands ?

Very nice

That thing looks big, unless it's just all the buttons and controls. I have never heard an Integra, how do they sound compared to the other big name brands ?

Very nice

Integra is to Onkyo as Marantz is to Denon, or something along those lines.

Edit: Whoops, I read your post wrong. The first time I read it I thought it said you hadn't heard *of* Integra...ignore...

Since I am using only 5 of the 9 channels of amplification, I think another upgrade is in order. I'm thinking about adding surround back in-ceiling speakers. I feel like my listening area is too small. I am used to other people's larger, dedicated rooms. The back of my viewing area is completely open to the bar/dartsworkout equippment area so in-ceiling back are about the only option. (Plus ceiling speakers disappear once installed. WAF friendly!)

• Like 1

• Moderators

Ok I don't know, what is Integra to onkyo and Marantz to Denon ? Same company different line ?

I have heard of Integra, helped someone set one up years ago, didn't get any real listening time and he had toy speakers (cheap in-ceilings) anyway so I probably couldn't compare anyway.

Ok I don't know, what is Integra to onkyo

As many know, Onkyo has been around many many years. They operated as a seperate entity and as a more upscale division, Onkyo Integra. They then completely seperated the divisions with the name Onkyo focusing mainly on the retail market while Integra catered to the custom install market. Both divisions do sell mid level products as well as flagship models. Onkyo also has another seperate division called Onkyo Pro which carry basically all the Integra custom install models just with different faceplates and model numbers.

Ex. Onkyo PR-5508P = Integra DHC-80.2

Marantz to Denon ? Same company different line ?

Same parent company(D&M Holdings), different brands but some models share same parts.

Bill

• Moderators

Thank you Bill, [H] now that you said that I do remember the Onkyo Integra name but didn't put any of it together.

Marantz and Denon, didn't know that one either. [Y]

I learn something new every time I read here. [Y]