discontinued RF-7's

FSTMRFR

that is awesome... just what I want to hear... and definately good to know... the receiver I got puts 135watts per channel...

If it's a lower end AVR you will want to upgrade or consider an external amp..Congrats on the deal and I can't help but think if the seller put RF-7s in the title you would've had some competition, given they sell for as much as you paid for the bunch. Regardless, WAY TO GO and thanks for your Service and enjoy them when you get back. [Y]

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might be easier to look at benchmarks that others have done for your model of receiver. The more channels you are driving at once, the lower it will be. Sometimes it could get down below to around half what it says. The RF-7s will sound very good with that kind of power, but there is always room for improvement. I know Youthman had a pretty good write up comparing them to the RF-83's, and he thought the RF-7's didn't sound as good as the 83's, but when he added better components, the RF-7's started to come alive and actually sounded better than the RF-83's. I think the moral of the story is the RF-7's will sound great with what you have, especially compared with what you had before, but there is still going to be a lot of room for improvement later on if you wish.

I hear ya man... maybe on in the future for serious pre-amp and externals... but this is a mid level onkyo... so its a good starter for me...and I am sure I will be impressed with it, and knowing the great deal I got... makes it even better... :)

that is awesome... just what I want to hear... and definately good to know... the receiver I got puts 135watts per channel...

If it's a lower end AVR you will want to upgrade or consider an external amp..Congrats on the deal and I can't help but think if the seller put RF-7s in the title you would've had some competition, given they sell for as much as you paid for the bunch. Regardless, WAY TO GO and thanks for your Service and enjoy them when you get back. Yes

its a 7.2 AV receiver... 3D capable ect..... its mid-end so I definitely think its a good starting point... only going to use it as 5.2

and you are welcome about serving... nice to know, there are people out there that still give a damn about us deployed... :)

I hear ya man... maybe on in the future for serious pre-amp and externals... but this is a mid level onkyo... so its a good starter for me...and I am sure I will be impressed with it, and knowing the great deal I got... makes it even better... :)

If your receiver has pre-outs, it just might be the last receiver you ever need, despite being a mid-level model.

Ok, got confirmation yesterday on what I actually have... they are the original RF-7's .... not that it matters.... either way got a steal of a deal.... they have the plastic fronts... thought I would let you all know... atleast who was interested.... :)

anybody got a line on the binding post adapters, (two speaker posts to one cable adapter)...I am guessing another name for them is Bi-wire jumper?... I know I can make them, but would prefer a part number from Klipsch for those... anyone got it?? thx...

Do you mean the jumpers or are you talking about something like banna plugs or other adapters? The jumpers should have come with the speakers.

the ones that come with the speakers... i would like to get thoes... arnt those like a plate? can I use either banana and/spade?? ...the ones that come with it are like gold plated metal strips with slots to feed in under terminals.... thoes are actually the ones I want... but the bi-wire/binding post adaptors via wire with either banana or spade would work too... I am fine making my own, but would just like to find the adaptors that come with the speakers...

Call Klipsch, they should be able to get you a pair or just bi-wire the speaker to accomplished the same thing and wire is cheap if the run is not that long.

Banna plug are useful if you have to disconnect the speakers often. Radio shack, BB and other retail stores have this stuff.