discontinued RF-7's

FSTMRFR

I am trying to figure out some information reguarding some RF-7's that have been discontinued...

Klipsch has two models, classic and non classic... here is the serial number of one of the RF-7's I have...

I would like to know which model its, or if one of thoes two models.... hoping the serial number will help decipher this info...

the sticker on the back reads

RF7 Black

SN: RF7BK--01360337

Impedance 8 ohms

Max input PWR: 150 watts

another question I have is referancing the max input power of 150 watts... according to both of the discontinued models they both say 250 w max continuous (1000 w peak) ... so... exactly what does this mean?

please help....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the front of the speaker made from wood (like the rest of the speaker) or a dark/black plastic-like material? If it is wood, it is the RF-7 II, otherwise it is RF-7. Secondly, in regards to the 150 watts, I think you would have the original RF-7s because there was a certain batch that got misprinted with 150 watts instead of 250 watts. I have the original RF-7 with the 150 watt misprint. I don't think the RF-7 II had a batch with the 150 watt misprint.

I dont actually have the speakers yet... I just bought them, and had pictures of them... so I will have to check after they are shipped... but I am positive they are the original ones... just didnt know if they were classic or non classic model....

just hoping it was not some off labeled model....

The Classic RF-7 is different from the original RF-7 and the new RF-7II. These were brought back by public demand and were mfr'd for a limited time. I am not completely sure of the difference between these and the original RF-7's except for the wood veneers available.

Classic

Gruppenbild.jpg

Original RF-7

245791d1278597026-lautsprecher-fuer-jede

RF-7II

klipsch-reference-ii-series-speakers.jpg

Bill

I don't believe he is concerned with the II's. I wasn't really into Klipsch then, but I believe there were two different models of the original RF-7's. The classic had a darker finish as well as a grill that covered the entire speaker rather than just the tweeter and woofers. I am unsure of what differences there were internally though. I believe it had a higher sensitivity... (102dB @ 2.83V / 1m)???

klipsch-rf7-classic.jpg

...I believe there were two different models of the original RF-7's. The classic had a darker finish as well as a grill that covered the entire speaker rather than just the tweeter and woofers...

This is the case and the Classics were reintroduced as an online item only from Klipsch while the RF-83s etc, were available from retailers.

Very good to know! Do the classics usually sell for more? I am liking that finish a lot.

I don't know, but agree about the finish...Fwiw, Klipsch seemed to sell a limited number (I may be wrong on this) of RC-64s with the same finish online only...That's not the RC-64II mind you and I am STILL curious which would be a better match for the Original/Classic RF-7s...I would guess the RC-64II but this dynamic makes me wonder.[^o)]

An RC-64 of that finish would look very nice on my entertainment center, considering everything else is pretty dark. I'll have to keep an eye out for that now, though looking over the forum and google, I can't seem to find any mention of a classic RC-64. I would have thought bringing the RF-7s back due to popular demand in the form of the "classic", they would have went with a classic RC-7 instead of a 64.

...I would have thought bringing the RF-7s back due to popular demand in the form of the "classic", they would have went with a classic RC-7 instead of a 64.

The RC-7 was a taller speaker that was designed to go above the screen on RPTVs whereas the RC-64 was designed to go below the thinner/lighter TVs of today.

Other than the finish, the Classic and regular 7 are identical.

Not completely. As mentioned earlier, the original RF-7's had the hard plastic motorboard front while the Classic RF-7's were full real wood veneer on the front.

Bill

ok, got it, I will definately check them out just to know exactly what I have, and I am gathering that all internals, speakers, drivers, cone, ports ect were all the same beween original and classic too? do I presume correct?

RF-7 Classic

RF-7 Original

They are identical. Though it looks like the RF-7 Classic also comes in black wood veneer which seems odd. There might be people out there who have the classic and don't even realize it, though I guess it really wouldn't matter.

Grats on your purchase, you should be extremely happy with them! They are excellent speakers. We will need pics when you get them setup though. If there are two things we love, it's spending each other's money and looking at pictures of other's setups.

Hey all, I am looking for some pictures of

the RS-7 speaker... I want to know what the top, bottom, sides, and especially

the back of them look like... I dont currently have mine as of now, but I want

to wall mount them, and need some pictures to purchase some mounts for them...

also, what you guys recommend for wall mount... I definitely want swivel and

tilt... but would like your suggestions as well...

if I could get the same pics for the RC-7 as well, but I figure its flat on all sides...