getech

I asked this in the general section as well:

What do you think would sound better for music and movies: Three KL650
THX's or two RF7 II's as front mains and a KL650 THX for my center? I
love the KL650's for movies but wonder if the RF7 II's would sound more
musically capable

What do you think would sound better for music and movies: Three KL650

THX's or two RF7 II's

I have not had the chance to hear the KL650's but by looking at them and reading the specs, I don't see how they can handle music as well as RF-7s can. I would "assume" that the KL650 has an edge in HT and RF-7s have an edge in 2 channel.

Hey I got a good outlook on these as the thx used to be my dream system and I just got to hear em not too long ago. The thing about the ones I heard is it was 650 across the front on identical stands. So seamless soundstage in front makes a great impact on movies. However when I listened to music on them I thought they were terrible. Even with the subs I did not like them personally. Then when I got back home from vacation I threw in the same movie I watched on the thx setup in my own room and figured out I am pretty damn close to the dream setup I have always wanted. So I would go with the rf-7ii over themthx and would do the 64 for the center as they are two completely different designs. Or you could save a bit of money and snag the cherry 63/64 combo on Audiogon. He even has the 62 for your rears. Bet he would do a combo deal and I bought and had mine shipped and they showed up just fine.

What you planning to run for a subwoofer? For movies, you can't beat the performance of a perfect LCR timbre match. If you're gonna do the Ultra2 subs, then I'd go the 650 route. With no sub for 2-channel, the RF-7 II would be better. Although some of it will depend on your room too - got pics or drawings of your listening environment?