New (to me) La Scalas and thanks to Tony Reed

Ran across a pair of empty La Scala cabs and thought they'd fun to build up. Thought at first, if I can get them to my garage, will eventually get them done.

However, my friend Tony Reed has really done all the work in getting them all ready to go in weather that has been hot as... well, you know how hot it's been in Arkansas. He picked up the cabs which had gotten as far as Bob Crites' place in Russellville then brought them back to his place in LIttle Rock.

The '89 black cabs were in fair, but not great shape, definitely in need of TLC to prep and repaint and in need of top grills. Bob and Michael Crites cut out the grill frames on their cnc.

Tony also located some cane grill fabric and covered the frames. I believe the cane is oem material from some vintage Marshall amps. It looks good on the black cabs making a very nice contrast.

Installed components: CW-1526 woofers, K-55 M mids, CT-125 tweeters. Crites Type A/4500 crossover with Erse Audiocaps.

The sound is of course, fabulous.

post-11993-13819740022886_thumb.jpg

post-11993-13819770675928_thumb.jpg

post-11993-1381979786143_thumb.jpg

Yeh, it has pretty much been a forum member project.

I'd also want say thanks to Bigdnfay1 and DoubleJ for brother-in-law prices on parts, K-55-Ms and CT-125s, respectively in the Garage Sale forum. They also got parts shipped to me in a New York Minute! [Y] Is this a great forum or what!

OK, a word about WAF. My wife has been out of town for a few days and Tony wondered if she would find the Scalas as a surprise when she returned. No, already had permission for placing them in our common space. No man cave at my house. I knew she had a bit of apprehension wondering about whether they would fit the space. Tony and I did have a good laugh about the doghouse potential for surprising the wife with LaScalas suddenly appearing in the den. NPI. Jan came in tonight and was so pleased with the looks AND sound she called Tony to express her appreciation. I think maybe she allowed that they are "big honkin speakers" but they fit the space nicely and the sound is very good. [:P] WAF is good!