RS-62 speaker grills

christ1

I have been wondering the same thing. I like the round ones much better as well. I would guess they would. Nothing has changed on the speaker physically so I think the magnet points would be the exact same. I bet I could take my old grill to fry's and try it on a new one this weekend. If I do I'll let you know. Unless someone beats me to it which would save me a trip.

ok first off let me say right off the bat the new grills WILL NOT FIT! now let me elaborate why:

the speakers you and i have you take the grill off and look at it and the speaker you will see that they come to a point. the newer grills are beveled on the middle and have a half inch wide flat part. so ours fits on the new speakers with just a small triangular gap at the top which i first thought eh no big deal.....

then as I'm walking around the store some more i am thinking if ours has the gap like that as well. and i knew it didn't.

so in a nut shell the old rs-62's that we own come to a point that would not allow the newer grills to fit on. they would have to be sanded down flat on the front to be able to fit. which could be possible for some one with some experience in woodwork but then they would have to be completely re-wrapped in vinyl. i will attach some pics to make a bit more sense if i didn't say this in the right way.