Finally in the heritage family

Scrappydue

So last night I went and bought a pair of heresy ii's in pretty descent shape for 275. I don't know anything about them at all. I know they sounded pretty good on an old marantz integrated at the guys house. He said the crossovers are good on them. So with my style I am instantly wondering what I can do to mod them. Upgrade the mids and tweeters? Crites? I know nothing about him. Better crossovers? I know I want to find some new badges for the black grills. And also wondering if you can find new grill material. Maybe the older white colored grill? And can the new pwk emblems be bought for them?

Welcome!

Listen, enjoy, slow down... the upgraditis will take over soon enough!

You can skip most of the steps mentioned and turn these into Heresy IIIs for something over $625 or so. Can't go wrong with Crites. He has grill material. The new PWK badges can be bought from Klipsch. Part Number: 070249 (Jubilee Pie Logo) $12. /ea. 1-800-KLIPSCH (554-7724) option 6

Welcome and congrats. Big + on this advice. Any mods that you do after you jump to H3 are gravy. H3 upgrade is the biggerst best bang for your buck. Enjoy. If you go to Audio Karma you can search under my name and see what I did to my H3 there if you are interested. Brace work and damping. Best regards Moray James.

congrats on the great score. If you want to work on them, my suggestion would be to restore them to factory spec before upgrading. my best advice on accomplishing that is to recap the crossovers. Bob Crites can source the capacitors pretty economically. This is as close to factory spec as you will get. If you still want to upgrade parts after that, go ahead. You will have a reasonable reference to which you can compare the upgraded parts.

congrats on the great score. If you want to work on them, my suggestion would be to restore them to factory spec before upgrading. my best advice on accomplishing that is to recap the crossovers. Bob Crites can source the capacitors pretty economically. This is as close to factory spec as you will get. If you still want to upgrade parts after that, go ahead. You will have a reasonable reference to which you can compare the upgraded parts.

+1 [Y]

This is the route to take prior to the HIII upgrade. Leftovers could be sold or used in some new boxes.

+1 Yes

This is the route to take prior to the HIII upgrade. Leftovers could be sold or used in some new boxes.

So would I be best off in sending my crossovers in to have them rebuilt by Bob?

+1 Yes

So would I be best off in sending my crossovers in to have them rebuilt by Bob?

I would suggest ordering caps and soldering them yourself. It's stupidly easy to do.

Welcome to the Heritage club. [Y]