La scala

KoosKlipsch

Hello everyone

I am a owner of Klipsch lascla for a couple of weeks (I live in the netherlands so excuse me for my english)

they are looking very nice and i bought them from a trademarket

because there is a misunderstanding by myself i have a quenstion tot you all

i am curious about atechnical thing
at the back of the lascala there are the bindingposts for LF and HF
my cable from the amplifier is connected to the LF bindings and there are no connectingcables between the HF en LF connectors
the LF is connected trough wire to the input on the crossover
but
there is also another cable at the bindingposts from the HF witch is going to nowhere, there is just a cable (original Klipsch I think)) that is just hanging at the back of the box and is connected with noting
is that correct of should this cable also go to the input at the crossover ?
the speakers sound good but I have a feeling taht something is not connected the right way
has anyone a connecting scheme for my crossover : The AL3
greetings
Koos

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone

I am a owner of Klipsch lascla for a couple of weeks (I live in the netherlands so excuse me for my english)

they are looking very nice and i bought them from a trademarket

because there is a misunderstanding by myself i have a quenstion tot you all

i am curious about atechnical thing
at the back of the lascala there are the bindingposts for LF and HF
my cable from the amplifier is connected to the LF bindings and there are no connectingcables between the HF en LF connectors
the LF is connected trough wire to the input on the crossover
but
there is also another cable at the bindingposts from the HF witch is going to nowhere, there is just a cable (original Klipsch I think)) that is just hanging at the back of the box and is connected with noting
is that correct of should this cable also go to the input at the crossover ?
the speakers sound good but I have a feeling taht something is not connected the right way
has anyone a connecting scheme for my crossover : The AL3
greetings
Koos

The forum welcome to! Speakerfritz is a good man. Post a picture if the diagram does not help.

hello Quiet_Hollow

thanks for the pictures (and all the others too for the reply)

I think I have miscommunicate about my problem and therefore I have add a picture

what you see is the back of one of my Scala's

you see that my cable that comes from the amplifier is connected to the LF input From that connector there is a wire (+ and -) that goes to the inputconnections on the crossover

but on the HF connector you see a wire (+ and -) that is going to nothing its just hanging there without any function

there are also no bridges between the HF and LF (I dont use bi amping or bi wiring)

I think the wire without function was there for bi amping and think that i dont need this one at all

I asume that when the wire from the HF is connected to the input from the crossover it is alright connected but I am not sure

greeetings

Koos%5Cback%20la%20scala.jpg%5Cback%20la%20scala.jpg

Koos,

Please read here for instructions to post a picture: http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/146759.aspx

If your speakers are LSI Splits, your amp should be connected to the HF binding posts only. The HF binding posts are then wired to the input of the crossover.

From the inside, the LF posts are wired to the "Woofer" terminals on the crossover, but on the outside the binding posts are then connected to the other LF binding posts on the bass bin.

Cheers,

QH

post-42237-13819801122546_thumb.jpg

Ahhhhhhhh [:|].....that is not a factory Klipsch-built La Scala. [*edit* It actually is a factory cabinet. [:$]] That's why the confusion.

As it is shown in your picture, the connection is good [Y]. Just remove the loose wires from the HF binding posts. They are doing nothing.

...and just as a precaution, you may want to double-check that all the drivers are connected to the crossover using correct polarity.

hi Wuzzzer

ik heb de volgende apparatuur

Klipsch La Scala type 1

Klipsch Heresy III

Kharma Cereamique 3.2 crm

Quad tube amp mono versions

Leak stereo20 /leak point one stereo (these are the one I use on my my LaScala;s) both completely revised and playing so well

cables are Kharma silver wired ones

and lots of more stuff to switch to

greetings

Koos

the guy where i bought them from said that they where built especially for his dead brother some 8 years ago and that he wanted that the wood has no veneer

the measures are exactly like the original LaScala 1 and all the uses parts are all originals Klipsch tweeter woofer and mid and also the crossover is a real AL3

they are made of real birch ply wood

they sound very well

the cabs are 2005...but it looks like the xovers and mid driver have been replaced. the 2005's have a k-55-x which is an alinco driver and the xovers are AK-4 which are circut board looking things...these look like they have al-3's. Also...the woofer connection is mounted at the rea rather than the middle horn section for the woofer.