Reverbaration out of control

derrickdj1

My wife change around our family room. She took up the area rugs, glass tabes, replaced the drapes with these small curtains only at the top of the windows. And the floors are all hardwoo. Now the echo is driving me crazy! We had a nice balance that is all out of balance now. Somehow I have to get something to dampen the room. Women!

Wow, that sucks!

I'm just gonna blurt out as many ideas as come to mind.

Perhaps you could talk her into shopping for a couple area rugs at Home Depot or something. Women do like to shop... Furniture can also deaden the echo. Some throws over the chairs and sofas, big pillows, etc. Since you no longer have drapes, perhaps there are some decorative wall hangings that can swallow some of the sound. I have some Navajo rugs hanging on a couple solid wood walls. Let's see..... Re-run Audyssey orwhatever tuning program you use. Move the positions of autoformers on your networks.... Put up decorative acoustical tiles on the ceiling... Don't play music as loud. <- not being serious there... [:)]

That's all I can think of at this time.

Somehow I have to get something to dampen the room. Women!

I've been thinking about getting some art panels and your post reminded me. Here are some nice ideas and they will do custom art work.

Maybe surprise your wife with her favorite family photo or something of that nature...birthday, anniversary or Happy Halloween honey!! [:P]

• Moderators

Now the echo is driving me crazy! We had a nice balance that is all out of balance now. Somehow I have to get something to dampen the room. Women!

Yes women will dampen the room, if i had to guess a bunch of them, the better looking variety, not to over dampen to much have them in bikini's to be on the safe side. [Y] From what I picture in my mind this should work perfectly. [;)]

Yes women will dampen the room, if i had to guess a bunch of them, the better looking variety, not to over dampen to much have them in bikini's to be on the safe side. Yes From what I picture in my mind this should work perfectly. Wink

You are a crazy man...

Do you have books/book cases in the room, or would it be possible? I realized that my huge bookcase that resides in my livingroom works somewhat as a QRD diffuser, I would hate to try to calculate the frequencies, but I know it helps. [:|]

Bruce

Made it back from the store! I took the wife and paid a littile more than I wanted but, it was worth it. We picked up a couple of area rugs and furiture throws. After autocalibration the nasty stuff that was going on around 70 and125 Hz is much better. I have alway felt for people with major room problems. Now I have to work on her for something for the wall and window. I like Tasdom suggestion, she might go for that.