Question about crossover frequency

Kenshiro

Hey guys, sorry to make this thread I'm sure this crossover frequency thing has been talked about lots of times but I really need you guys's help.

I recently bought new klipsch speaker's;

RB-61 II (LR) - 45Hz-24KHz ± 3dB

RC-62 II (Center) - 57Hz-24KHz ± 3dB

RB-51 II's (for Surrounds) - 50Hz-24KHz ± 3dB

I got the RW-10d for a sub.

---

My receiver (Pioneer) gives me the option of 50hz, 80hz and 100 (or 120hz cant remember). For those speakers, which one should I choose?

I know THX recommends 80hz and setting the speakers to small, but setting the speakers to small takes the power and punch from the speakers.

What do you guys think? Set the speakers to small or large? I think I prefer to put them on large myself though. And considering the speakers I got and the range's, which crossover frequency should I set it to?

Help would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot guys.

I would run MCACC and take the xo from auto-calibration MCACC determine the frequency response of the speaker in ther enviroment. In general, set all speakers as small since you are using a sub and xo at 80 or 100 Keep the sub near the front speakers for better integration.

Hey guys, sorry to make this thread I'm sure this crossover frequency thing has been talked about lots of times but I really need you guys's help.

I recently bought new klipsch speaker's;

RB-61 II (LR) - 45Hz-24KHz ± 3dB

RC-62 II (Center) - 57Hz-24KHz ± 3dB

RB-51 II's (for Surrounds) - 50Hz-24KHz ± 3dB

I got the RW-10d for a sub.

---

My receiver (Pioneer) gives me the option of 50hz, 80hz and 100 (or 120hz cant remember). For those speakers, which one should I choose?

I know THX recommends 80hz and setting the speakers to small, but setting the speakers to small takes the power and punch from the speakers.

What do you guys think? Set the speakers to small or large? I think I prefer to put them on large myself though. And considering the speakers I got and the range's, which crossover frequency should I set it to?

Help would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot guys.

THX is for movies... If you listen to much music on your system, then you will want the crossover to as close to the capability of your speakers as possible. I used to be conservative, but I learned from personal taste, I wanted my speakers to all have more punch when music is playing. It has not hurt my movie watching experience.

If I were you, I would go with 50hz all the way. [:)]

Oh... and make sure you set LFE at 120HZ if there is a setting in your AVR for it!

THX is for movies... If you listen to much music on your system, then you will want the crossover to as close to the capability of your speakers as possible. I used to be conservative, but I learned from personal taste, I wanted my speakers to all have more punch when music is playing. It has not hurt my movie watching experience.

If I were you, I would go with 50hz all the way. Smile

Oh... and make sure you set LFE at 120HZ if there is a setting in your AVR for it!

+1, I say let your speakers play everything that they are capable of.

• 10 years later...

I have pretty much the same question, I am running Klipsch RB61 11's as my front(mains) speakers, and Klipsch center channel and Klipsch satellites for the rear(which I only use for movies and TV for surround sound)my front speakers are rated at +-3 45Hz-24kHz+-3, and can handle 400 watts, and my center and satellites  can handle 200 watts so it should be safe to run my Pioneer reciever at 50Hz crossover from the speakers to my sub right

On 10/19/2022 at 6:58 AM, Bobert50 said:

I have pretty much the same question, I am running Klipsch RB61 11's as my front(mains) speakers, and Klipsch center channel and Klipsch satellites for the rear(which I only use for movies and TV for surround sound)my front speakers are rated at +-3 45Hz-24kHz+-3, and can handle 400 watts, and my center and satellites  can handle 200 watts so it should be safe to run my Pioneer reciever at 50Hz crossover from the speakers to my sub right

I'd go higher.  The small woofers in your RBs and whatever else you're using aren't going to put out much bass.  80Hz is what I'd recommend.

• Thanks 1