New to Klipsch

LHW

Hello all. This is my first post to your community and I have a question I hope someone can help me with. I plan on purchasing some Klipsch floor standers. Future Shop has a sale on the RF800B model for $1000.00 per pair. I can pick up a pair of current display F-30's for $600.00 and a fellow has a pair of used RF-63's in what he says (like new condition) for $1150.00. I am aware that the RF800B's and RF-63's are no longer produced and I can't seem to find any real info on the RF800B's.. The Klipsch website doesn't even have any reference to the 800B's which concerns me somewhat as to their age. My question is this: Which would be the best sounding/quality in your opinion? I listen to mostly two channel music in jazz, classical and rock. I listen to concerts as well at the volume in which they were designed to be listened to..which is very loud. My current system consists of a Marantz AV-7005 7.1 channel preamp and 2 Marantz MM7055 5 channel power amps rated at 140 watts/rms all channels driven. Marantz Sacd player and Marantz bluray player round out part of my set up. I also switch out the Marantz preamp with a Transendent Sound tube preamp when I want the best quality possible. So in a nutshell....the RF800B's and RF-63's are older models and the F-30 is a current model. Thanks for your time...Leigh

LHW,

Welcome to the forum.

and a fellow has a pair of used RF-63's in what he says (like new condition) for $1150.00.

Which would be the best sounding/quality in your opinion?

Of those choices, the RF-63's hands down. $1150.00 might be a bit high(I paid $1000.00 three years ago) because I have seen prices in the $800.00 range lately. I have no desire to "step up" to the RF-83's or RF-7II's. The RF-63's are very smooth and refined and sound very 3-way IMO.

Bill

Thanks for the quick response Bill. I was thinking about the 63's myself as being the better choice but the highest in price as well. Do you know anything about the RF800B's. I assume they were reference series at some point in time. And again thanks for the input. ..Cheers

Just wondering if anyone has any opinion on the Klipcsh RF8000B speakers and when they were first introduced. Future Shop has them on sale

for $1000.00 per pair until tomorrow (Oct-25). Any response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

LHW,

Welcome to the forum.

and a fellow has a pair of used RF-63's in what he says (like new condition) for $1150.00.

Which would be the best sounding/quality in your opinion?

Of those choices, the RF-63's hands down. $1150.00 might be a bit high(I paid $1000.00 three years ago) because I have seen prices in the $800.00 range lately. I have no desire to "step up" to the RF-83's or RF-7II's. The RF-63's are very smooth and refined and sound very 3-way IMO.

Bill

Yea, I just saw some RF83's pop up for $1200. Probably a high price.

Just wondering if anyone has any opinion on the Klipcsh RF8000B speakers and when they were first introduced.

Looks like the RF8000B are a Canadian model of the original RF-82's(Reference IV). Maybe some leftover stock of 82's. Same look, same specs, crossover, etc.

Bill

OP... try checking out your local craigslist as an entry point for your first Klipsch purchase. there are so many loved units avaiable.if you do NEED a new pair, shop around, at that price point I think you can do better.