Superman: The Movie

Rivernuggets

I grew up watching Superman (and Superman 2) a lot. Finally picked this up on DVD. Better than I remember. Great music, acting, humor, beautiful photography (the wheat field scene where Clark says goodbye to his mom). The effects hold up just fine for its age (1978!). Quite often childhood movies don't have the 'weight' they had seeing it now as an adult. I get more out of it now. This really is a timeless classic.

Forgot to say my five year old son watched the whole movie. I thought he would lose interest with it being 2+ hours long. For him and his sensitivity, parental guidance was needed throughout. Compared to what he usually watches, this is one of the first 'heavy themed' movies he has seen yet. Characters actually dying in the storyline. He did very well and enjoyed it very much, was bouncing in excitement to the theme during the ending credits.

Didn't know a new one was coming out. Thanks! Reminds me I haven't seen the one made in.....was it 2005? I should check that one out too.

Christopher Reeves played the part so well, It may take several more remakes to find another perfect actor to cast for the part. Seeing a different Batman is not a problem, but I don't care to see a different Superman.

Yes, one of my fav movies. Had a couple grandkids last weekend, aged 4 to 11, and they all watched the entire movie.

I have the disc with the widescreen version on one side and the regular format on the other side.

Also has a music, only, selection that is really cool, alternate versions of the main theme if I remember correctly.

Warner Bros. 1013. Paper sort of a case, not even a plastic case, I'm sure there are other versions and packaging.

Great movie.

I agree River - this one has stood the test of time very well! I got this with a free blu ray offer and I was very pleasantly surprised also at how well it still looks and it will be VERY difficult to top Christopher Reeves performance.

I have the disc with the widescreen version on one side and the regular format on the other side.

Also has a music, only, selection that is really cool, alternate versions of the main theme if I remember correctly.

Warner Bros. 1013.

That's the version I have. Found it used locally for $6. Agreed, that music only track is great! I ordered the 2cd soundtrack yesterday. Superman mania!

Didn't know a new one was coming out. Thanks! Reminds me I haven't seen the one made in.....was it 2005? I should check that one out too.

Christopher Reeves played the part so well, It may take several more remakes to find another perfect actor to cast for the part. Seeing a different Batman is not a problem, but I don't care to see a different Superman.

I agree. George Reeves, shouldn't he be drinking a martini and smoking a cigarette after eating a plate of bacon?

post-10861-13819823814686_thumb.jpg