Yamaha subwoofer~YST-SW120

harmony08

Newbie to some of this deep audio stuff......Any comments about my using this 1990's era subwoofer tied n with the Klipsch surround set up? Currently, I have pieces of the Klipsch reference series that I am using. The subwoofer works well, but it is not plugged n2 the receiver because the sub does not have an lfe. I tried a splitter on the sub from the receiver to both rca jacks w/o success. Currently, the wires from the receiver go to the sub and then the speakers.

Does the receiver have a sub outlet? It doesn't have to be marked "LFE".

You can run power to the sub and then to the speakers, but most people prefer to run an RCA interconnect to the sub, and speaker wires to the speakers.

You mention that the sub works. Do you mean it was working in another system, but is not working in yours?

Did you turn on the front and rear power switches? Also, you could check the setting of the Auto Standby switch.

As other posters have mentioned, a small sub like that is only useful at low volume in a small room. I have a pair of YST-90s in the bedroom, one on each bedside table, and they do a decent job in that situation, but in the living room they're really inadequate for movies or loud music.