can i angle up the Khorn in the front about 1/8"

The Dude

Ok, hopefully this makes since. But my Khorns are in the basement with a concrete floor, if any body has experience with concrete basement floors they know they are not poured equally. Maybe if I had alot of money and more say when my house was built then I could have requested this but I couldn't. So now I have to deal with it.

First off the problem, last night I pulled my horns out to put some pipe insulation on the tail board so I can get a better seal to the walls. Now this went on easily but making shoving them into the corners a little more difficult. The biggest issue I am having, is it is nice and tight at the bottom but a little bit of a gap on the top. Now leveling the area out with some self leveling concrete might take care of the problem, but I am thinking about taking it a step further and sloping up where the front of the speaker would set so it sits tighter on the top. This may not be necessary, as once I get the floor level in that area it might sit ok. But if it doesn't would it hurt anything by sloping it a bit, I was thinking that if the top hat was pointing up to much I can put a adjuster screw on the back to angle it back down.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Nick

Thanks guys, luckily since things aren't finish I can play around until I get it were I like it. I think I will start with the leveling the floor, and getting the drywall finish if it still isn't were I like it then I can slope it out. This is all to much fun, I really enjoy messing around with this kind of things, because I know once I have it were I am happy set back and listen how wonderfull things sound It just puts a big grin on my face.

Crazy like the rest of you, well lets put it this way I don't have the most ideal set up for this. So I will get as crazy as I have to ahahahahaha.

You are correct Maron but you know as well as I do that to try leads to people screaming "but how do I know when I know?". So while this is not obsessive in nature it is as least as bad a situation for the one who suffers from it. There is as far as I can tell no simple solution but to be brave and to continue to try and try until you are content. I believe that attitude is the key. Have fun and enjoy while you try. It is the journey which is of interest not so much so the destination. Being crazy is the only way to stay sane. Best regards Moray James.