Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community

Edgar

Regulars
  • Content Count

    1498
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Edgar last won the day on November 12 2013

Edgar had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

725 Revered

About Edgar

  • Rank
    Forum Veteran

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Not Telling
  • Location
    Saint Charles, Missouri USA

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Edgar

    Sunday Morning Blues

    Greg I appreciate your gesture. ... I don't have enough problems already?
  2. Edgar

    Sunday Morning Blues

    I grew up in the Midwest, but did my graduate studies in California. From Spring through Fall, every day there looked perfect to me. Yet on some days the natives would complain about the "bad weather". Finally I figured it out: if one lonely cloud happened to pass by at any time during the entire day, the weather was "bad". Sometimes we need to be reminded what "bad" is, too.
  3. Edgar

    Sunday Morning Blues

    "If you want to see God laugh, just tell Him that you have plans." I do feel better today, thank you. Everybody hits an occasional low point; one of mine came yesterday. I'm thankful to have been able to express it here, and for all of the support that came back my way.
  4. Edgar

    Sunday Morning Blues

    Monday morning: while I am grateful for all of the comments about loneliness, loneliness was not the reason for my original post. (Recall that I said that I felt alone for the first time, not lonely.) It was about frustration and demoralization resulting from a situation over which I have no control. And, given that I have no control over it, the only thing that I can do is ride it out. But that doesn't mean I have to like it. Thanks again to all.
  5. Edgar

    Sunday Morning Blues

    Can't. My lease prohibits it. I will be trying to move when it expires. Just as I was looking into volunteer opportunities at local dog rescues (yes, I was actually on top of this), COVID 19 hit and they all locked-down. No volunteers allowed.
  6. Edgar

    Sunday Morning Blues

    Sure. But sometimes one just needs to stop and catch their breath.
  7. Edgar

    Sunday Morning Blues

    If I tried to write my memoirs, I'd bore myself.
  8. Edgar

    Sunday Morning Blues

    $250 in 1965 equates to $2034 in 2020. https://www.usinflationcalculator.com
  9. Edgar

    Sunday Morning Blues

    It wouldn't be so bad if parts didn't keep falling off. Speaking of working less ... I just started a two-week mandatory pandemic furlough. Frankly I don't ever want to go back. That may be the root cause of today's Sunday Blues. Judging from what I heard at the Bonehead Class last October, Klipsch just keep sounding better. I need to find a way to procure some Cornwall IVs. Trouble is, I run a 5-channel system. When a pair is beyond my finances, five is out of the question.
  10. Edgar

    Sunday Morning Blues

    Oh, how I miss my dogs. I had two rescue Akitas that I adopted as young adults. They've both been gone for nearly a decade, and it seems like a lifetime ago. Unfortunately since then I have not been in a situation where I could have pets -- largely out of my control. Funny you should mention that. Right now the biggest problem in my life is my paying job. But because I invested so much in my startup business, which unfortunately did not succeed, I am not in a position to quit. No, that's just part of getting older. I'm experiencing it myself. In the middle of my career I worked in the audio industry, and loved it. My department was laid-off by Electro-Voice in 2000, it's been a struggle ever since. I have not found a way to get back into audio, other than at the hobby level, and the work that I have been able to find bores me. Thank you, Chris. Actually it wasn't a problem until the foot surgery. I kind of enjoy it. Thanks, Greg
  11. Edgar

    Sunday Morning Blues

    Hey, I like that! Thanks everyone for your comments. I don't know what it was about attempting to mow the lawn this morning that made it all suddenly overwhelm me. It's been a really tough two years, and there are no signs of it getting better soon. But at least I'm still here to tell the story. Before my heart surgery, the surgeon tried to cheer me up by saying that I had a 90% chance of survival. I just laughed -- if someone told you that you had a 10% chance of dying on your drive to work, you'd call-in sick that day. But here I am.
  12. Edgar

    Sunday Morning Blues

    Perhaps. But we humans tend to assume correlations where none actually exist. Even though my career is infused with mathematics, when it comes to emotional subjects I'm no different than anybody else.
  13. Edgar

    Sunday Morning Blues

    I have always lived alone. This is the first time that I've ever actually felt alone. Everyone's stock answer to that is, "It beats the alternative." What's the other quote? "If I'd known that I was going to live this long I'd have taken better care of myself."
  14. Edgar

    Sunday Morning Blues

    This whole ordeal started for me in June 2018, when I found myself taking an ambulance ride to the hospital for what turned out to be passage of a kidney stone. After it passed, the attending physician came to see me and said, "You are in amazing health for a 59 year old. We can't find anything wrong." That jinxed it. After that, so many things went wrong that I have trouble remembering them all. But I'm still here. And I'm still kicking and scratching.
  15. Edgar

    Sunday Morning Blues

    Well, one setback after another, some very serious, most just annoying. But thank you. The most troubling thing about the foot surgery was that I couldn't ride my bicycle. Was on the racing team in college -- I still hit it hard; bugs in my teeth and blood in my eyes. The heart problem really put a damper on that, but since the surgery I'm stronger than ever. Yeah, mowing was a little over the top. Too soon. Many thanks for your comments.
×
×
  • Create New...