2-SW 350 on 5.1? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

HoustonIII

I have a new Yamaha RX V471 5.1 AV Tuner and would like to add an additional sub. I already have 1-SW 350 and now want one on the other side of the room. There is a sub out on the receiver that is set up for 1 RCA cable. Do I use Y spitter off the back of the amp or come off the existing sub to feed the new one. Im slightly confused!

Cool! Youre saying use that splitter at the receiver and run one line to each sub and plug it into LFE side, correct? Will there be any heating issues with the AV Tuner? Then can I put a splitter on each sub to going into the right and left/LFE side (thats how I have it now for one sub). That particular sub has dual voice coils and I was informed that was how I was to activate them... using both sides.

Cool! Youre saying use that splitter at the receiver and run one line to each sub and plug it into LFE side, correct? Will there be any heating issues with the AV Tuner? Then can I put a splitter on each sub to going into the right and left/LFE side (thats how I have it now for one sub). That particular sub has dual voice coils and I was informed that was how I was to activate them... using both sides.

• Moderators

If you already have a sub, you can either split the signal at the receiver and send a single RCA to each sub

I agree with what Youthman said. [:P]

Splitting the signal will not hurt anything because each sub has a separate amplifier. The only time you change the ohm load is when you have one amplifier and hook multiple speakers to one amp.