SW-115 vs SW-308 Whats the difference?

AmmarYasirA

Hey, Ive been looking at 2 subs for my home theater system, the SW-308 was a suggested sub by Klipsch with the RB-41 II home theater system however the SW-115 was the same price... Whats the difference and what should I buy? I am hoping to get my hands on these soon. Any help would be awesome, thanks!

4" to a 15" is a pretty large gap. I would be a little nervous about that large of a gap in woofer size.

You mean 7"?
no I meant what I said. He mentioned this sub being used with the rb-41ii's. that is there smallest speaker. So you are talking basically crossing a satellite over to a 15" sub. That is the only thing I worry about with the 115. Otherwise I would never recommend something that small.

I meant what I said. He mentioned this sub being used with the rb-41ii's. that is there smallest speaker. So you are talking basically crossing a satellite over to a 15" sub. That is the only thing I worry about with the 115. Otherwise I would never recommend something that small.

Scrappy,

I agree it will not be ideal but it will work pretty good if crossovers are set properly.

RB-41II =

FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 85Hz-24KHz ± 3dB

SW-115 =

FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 18Hz-150Hz ± 3dB

On the receiver's speaker setup set the RB-41II's to maybe 100Hz or 110Hz and I think he would be good to go.

Bill

4" to a 15" is a pretty large gap. I would be a little nervous about that large of a gap in woofer size.

You mean 7"?
no I meant what I said. He mentioned this sub being used with the rb-41ii's. that is there smallest speaker. So you are talking basically crossing a satellite over to a 15" sub. That is the only thing I worry about with the 115. Otherwise I would never recommend something that small.
I follow. I don't think that would be a problem, plus, what if he decides to upgrade the fronts later?