FS: Dual 1249 TT

jhoak

It occurred to me recently that I hadn't spun a record in more than a year. I consider that a sign that this is stuff that I just don't need any more. I'd like to someone who will appreciate and use it.

I purchased the table from fixmydual.com August of 2011 for $370 without a cartridge. The turntable was completely rebuilt by Bill at fixmydual.com and installed in a new solid walnut plinth with a new dark smoked acrylic dust cover. It is very close to perfect in every way. There are no operational issues whatsoever. The installed cartridge is a Realistic (Radio Shack) R25XT with a new stylus installed. Also included is a record cleaning brush with 2 spare pads and a couple if stylus cleaning brushes. Sorry but I do not have the "stacker" spindle (stacking records is bad bad bad) or the 45 adapter.

Asking price is $200 for the turntable

This is a "local pickup" only sale as I do not have the materials or skills to properly pack it for shipment. On top of that the albums weigh in at nearly 70 lbs making them cost prohibitive to ship.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for looking

• 7 months later...

July 2013 update...

I have sold the albums so all that's left is the turntable and the accessories.

One of the people who looked at it managed to break a small piece of the back corner. I've glued it back in place. It's not too ugly and it is on the back side of the dust cover.

The new price is $175.00 for the TT and accessories.

I will consider shipping but I'll need to charge the cost of the packing materials. Figure on $20 in bubble wrap plus the actual shipping cost.

One of our forum members who is local to me is leaving for Chicago tomorrow (the 24th) and has graciously offered to deliver the TT to a buyer who might be along the way. His route will take him though Atlanta, Chattanooga, Nashville, Louisville, Indianapolis, Chicago. Will also be visiting Madison, WI.

It would be a good way to get a nice turntable hand delivered and save some $$ on the shipping.