For Paradigm servo 15 owners

dolbyscat

I have owned my Servo 15 for around 8 years now, and never felt the need for an upgrade or change, things took a change for the worse yesterday when this great subwoofer started popping and farting and making all sorts of strange sounds and whacky movements of the driver.

After a process of elimination I came to the conclusion it must be something within the 15" speaker itself, as a replacement 12" Altec speaker seemed to operate fine when connected to the subs amp. While I was checking out the speaker it became obvious something was moving around within the dust cap, nothing for it but to take a look inside,

Upon careful removal of the dust cap I saw that what must be a part of the accelerometer (probably a sensor) had become detatched and was now able to flop around. Hope this may be of some help to owners in the future, or any owners who have put there Paradigm Servo 15 into retirement.

below is a piccy of the 15's driver the black square at the centre is the sensor that had detatched.

post-15712-13819825707172_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hello, excuse the trouble, but if you can answer soon, better, (it's for a purchase), of course I appreciate your time.

I saw you have, or had a paradigm servo 15 with problems in the accelerometer. My questions are (seem to many questions, but are short, put in numbers to speed understanding:

1 - how you remove the dust cap, unstick or cut?
2nd - what glue you used to paste the accelerometer?
3rd - you paste, the same dust-cap or other?
4th - if you paste the same dust cap how do you do it?
5th - if you paste another what was?
6th - after all, everything was perfect?
7th - still works yet?

Thanks and I'm waiting for your answer to pay for a purchase. I appreciate your time and attention. Cristian

• 3 weeks later...

If you can't fix it yourself, Paradigm will help you out.  They've always been great to deal with when I've needed parts or repairs.  I miss Gary who was there Tech Guy for 20+ years.  Not sure what caused him to depart, but give them a call if you need any help.  They are a lot like the Klipsch Parts guys

If you can't fix it yourself, Paradigm will help you out.  They've always been great to deal with when I've needed parts or repairs.  I miss Gary who was there Tech Guy for 20+ years.  Not sure what caused him to depart, but give them a call if you need any help.  They are a lot like the Klipsch Parts guys

Hi, thanks for your advice, I submit a question to paradigm support, I have not yet received a reply. I hope the author of this forum topic, can answer, but 20 days ago I wrote and still nothing, greetings. You have some idea of my previous questions ?. I'm still waiting for response to go to work (I am very cautious). Greetings and thanks. Cristian

I had the same problem with mine, posted about it here a couple of years ago. Was very happy to find that the problem was a simple fix, still very satisfied with this sub.

hello, thanks for your comment, but since you had the same problem, I make you a question:

1 - how you remove the dust cap, cut or unstick?

2nd - what glue you Used to paste the accelerometer?

3rd - you paste, the same dust-cap or other?

4th - if you paste the same dust cap how do you do it?

5th - if you paste another how do you do it?

6th - after all, everything, resulted perfect?

7th - still works yet?

Thanks again. Cristian