Fellow Klipschters: I could use your help, please...

picky

A good friend of mine told me this morning that they are interested in the Klipsch G17 AirPlay speaker system and he wanted to know my opinion on them. The trouble is, I have yet to see or listen to one. Could any of you whom have done so please share your views about the G17 AirPlay with me? Thanks so much. -Glenn

post-10177-13819825846982_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Glenn,

I realize I work here, but if I didn't think highly of them, I would post nothing at all [:)]

That said, I have a few of these around my house. The sound is truly fantastic from such a small, thin speaker. Very detailed and surprising powerful. Our engineers are a marvel.

Hopefully others will chime in!

Thanks a lot, Amy. I do trust your judgment and opinion

Glenn, Remember Amy works for tips. [:D] All joking aside, while I've not heard them, i've come to trust Klipsch products. Sometimes you just know when you're dealing with a company that regardless, you're not going to get a lemon. Steve

Glenn,

I realize I work here, but if I didn't think highly of them, I would post nothing at all Smile

That said, I have a few of these around my house. The sound is truly fantastic from such a small, thin speaker. Very detailed and surprising powerful. Our engineers are a marvel.

Hopefully others will chime in!

Have you used the multiple device playlist thing where people can cue up their own tracks and whatnot? Or do you just typically stream from one device?

Doc, that's now available according to the last Klipsch-o-gram I received. More than one person can log into it and put their selections in the cue.

Shiela has had hers since the last pilgrimage and loves it. That thing really can shake the floor. I wouldn't put it up against a Pro Media 2.0 but it's very respectable for its size.

I just wish it could do Blue Tooth too since I have an Android phone. It only works off of Apple's AirPlay as you know, or standard USB or an 1/8" jack. I did find out that to use 1/8" jack you have to untrained the speaker from your WiFi.