Klipsch Parts for Heresy

Ciscokid

IMHO best place to find vintage Klipsch parts is eBay. Of course, buyer beware. Ask questions before bidding if you have any doubts about what you are bidding on. But about the worst thing likely to be wrong with a K-77 or K-77-M tweeter for a Heresy would be a blown voice coil. The diaphragm/voice coil can be replaced for about $24 if you can solder and order it from a speaker repair shop. A replacement tweeter from Klipsch, if one is available, will be very pricey, on the order of $200 if I recall correctly. Even buying just the diaphragm from Klipsch is expensive.

BTW the ElectroVoice T35A is the same tweeter as K-77 (alnico magnet) or K-77-M (ceramic magnet). These are available on eBay, too.

Say hi to Pancho!

quote:

Originally posted by Ciscokid:

ShapeShifter,

Cool systems!!! I am considering a pair of Heresy's for my Fisher 400 and noticed that you have a pair running off of an 800B. How's the sound?

ck,

Don't think you could go wrong with Heresy's period. Just keep in mind that they are a little bass shy, but with proper placement near corners and wall you can get good bass output. You also have the option to add a subwoofer as many have. I don't use a sub, but do have the ability to use them with early Cornwall II's which add sufficient bass when the need arises. That said, I'm listening to only the Heresy's and Fisher 800B's tuner section as I write this response. They produce a dynamic, crisp and clean sound. Very revealing too!

I like the sound of the Heresy's with the old 800B. Think there other members here that report satisfying results with their older Fisher 400's, 500's and Heritage speakers. Haven't seen many Fisher 800 Series post here, but my results are the same. Think you would be very pleased with your Fisher 400 and any Heritage Speakers. Think many will agree that with proper room placement; the Heresy really excels with good source components and tube amplification! Nothing wrong with SS amplification either, but a good tube unit generates a very different character, flavor and soul from the Heresy and other Heritage as well.

Wes

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>