UPGRADING CENTER & SURROUNDS

The Yeti

Long time Klipsch owner - have had my Klipschorns for my Main FL/FR speakers for 18 years. At the same time, I bought a Klipsch center and some Polk surrounds. Now I'm thinking of upgrading the center and maybe the surrounds.

My current center is this:

http://www.klipsch.com/kv-4#fifth

I'm assuming the current RC-62 II would be the modern day equivalent...OR, would it be a significant upgrade to the KV-4? How about the RC-64 II?

My current surrounds (4) are these:

http://www.polkaudio.com/products/lsfx

These were around $500 each in 1994, and sound great still. I'm just wondering if any of the Klipsch surrounds (at or around the same price point) would be a significant upgrade. Maybe the RS-62 II? It would be nice to have Klipsch all the way around, but if I can't get a significant upgrade without breaking the bank, I'll just keep the Polks.

For reference, I'm driving everything with a Denon 2113ci (Audyssey XT) along with a Velodyne F1800 subwoofer.

Thanks for any help!

Surrounds space is pretty much unlimited, but they have to go against the back wall, even with my MLP.

I have a 73" DLP TV, so center space is limited. I have 28" above TV and 26" below TV. Of course, the position of the TV itself is flexible, but I would rather move it down than up.

The dog house is about 2 by 2 by 2. top section is about 1(high) by 2 by 2.

cheap is another story, Heresy was made to be a centre channel for the Khorns(so they say). either would be viable options for a centre channel.

I'm using a Heresy as a centre with my jubs, and it works well. I'd think Heresy's would also be good surrounds and match well as rears. i've also used Heresy's as rear speakers, They are good and versatile.

• Like 1

Component matched!

What IS THAT?! Whatever it is, it looks to be the perfect center match for the K-Horns and I WANT ONE! PSST - You've got no corners for your K-Horns, dude. And, seriously, get a universal remote man! ;)

Here is the link http://s981.beta.photobucket.com/user/wrench722/library/Center%20Speaker

You are so right universal remote.

I've gotta say that is probably the coolest looking center I have ever seen. Very creative and you've got some mad woodworking skills too. Nicely done.

Wow, I'll second that. DO you have plans for this?! I could never build something like that but my father in law could if it ever became an option for me. Plans would be awesome. Your pics are great, thanks for sharing :)