Combining two Quartets into one center channel.

wuboy

Some suggested that I combine my two Quartets into one center channel, my front channels are Chorus II's. Any body have a thought, serial or parallel wiring or maybe this is a bad idea. I use the center channel for movies and tv. I go two channel for music.

personally I would not do that, if it were my set up I would use the Quartet's as front left and right and a Chorus ll for centre front and rear centre if you want the HT to shine and reverse that if you are going to place more concern on two channel stereo than HT. You have a nice problem just listen both ways and decide for yourself. Best regards Moray James.

Can ya say comb filter? I knew ya could!

With apologies to Fred Rogers.

Lee

I agree, this is a bad idea. If you looking for clairity, two speakers playing the same thing, next to each other is NOT the way to go.

Use one, you'll be happier. [Y]

Dennie

I think you can experiment and see what happens.

I would wire the two Q's in series and put one on top of the other, with the top one upside down so the tweeter are close to each other.

But question. Have you tried a single Q as a center? It sounds like you have a center channel output from your amp. It should be very nice.

WMcD

I use a pair of Heresy ll's as my center. I have them wired in series, with one each on either side of my console that holds my reciever, amps, bluray player, cable box and power conditioner. The amp sees it as one 16ohm speaker. It works just fine and sounds better than the single Heresy I have tried.

I have (2) kg5.5s as my center standing vertical and spaced just enough apart the cabinets dont rattle. With all the drivers aligned they work as an array and are pretty impressive. I have them ran in parallel down to 4 ohm off the center channel on a marantz sr7007 and have not experienced any issues with the speakers, receiver, or the sound. Even at high volume the amp does not heat up more than normal. I plan on putting them on a 2 ch amp eventually but dont feel an urgent need. Play around with your set up. Figure out what works for your equipment and room. Let us know what happens