Looking for a Klipshorn

bracurrie

I am looking for a single Khorn from the middle fifties. I would like it to be in as near original configuration as possible.

From my post in 2 channel audio:

The idea of putting together an audio system from the mid fifties is intriguing to me. The more I read about PWK, hearing him interviewed in 1954 and listening to the tapes he made from then, the more I want to hear a system from that era. Of course the Khorn would be the speaker of choice.

I am thinking mono as I have only one good corner. The other has an HVAC return and windows that start 3 feet off the floor and moldings are tight to the corner.

But as I contemplate this search and buy I wonder how snug against the two walls of the corner the speakers have to be. Should I remove the wood moldings at the bottom of the wall? If you create false walls how high and long from the corner would they have to be?

Do these speakers even pop up for sale in near original configurations from the mid-fifties? Also, what amps from that era can still be gotten that operate in near original configurations?

I happen to have a large collection of 50's and even 40's klipsch speakers in Orig condition.

I might have a single or rare pair of mid 50,s khorns I could be talked out of.

I have a 3 way klipsch system from 58 that came from klisch with one hersey(center) one short horn (lert ot right side)and one khorn all in matching mahonony. The orig klipsh lit shows this set up for early stero use,

I have seen single horns up for sale on ebay and try audiogon.com as well. There are plans for false walls in the manual for heritage speakers that you can download from this site. Yes, you would need to remove the molding to get as tight a fit as possible with the wall.