Guardian Angels?

oscarsear

• Moderators

you gentlemen have shared some pretty amazing stories. just want to say thanks. otherwise i'm mostly speechless. just listening and thinking. trying to take it all in.

I know how you feel Dee, after reading the real Guardian Angels stories others have had with real problems, not just near missus like my minor problems.

It's amazing some are still here. [Y]

That's funny Jay, I never did ask what it was like on the boat, I knew it couldn't have been any better than where we were, it was bad.

We were all just happy no one got toasted.

I believe it bobbed and swayed until it beached itself (thats why it took us 30 minutes to unbeach it)

Also many times I was blinded by the lightning even though I closed my eyes and had a towel over my head), do you remember hail?

I also might have thought we were toast.

• Moderators

I believe it bobbed and swayed until it beached itself (thats why it took us 30 minutes to unbeach it)

Also many times I was blinded by the lightning even though I closed my eyes and had a towel over my head), do you remember hail?

I forgot about it being beached, we were lucky to get it unstuck.

I don't remember if it hailed or not, we were sitting in the water just deep enough so only our heads were sticking out enough to clear the waves. The rain was so hard it would have been hard to tell if there was hail or not, and I was much more worried about the lightning.

I always carry a gallon zip lock bag to put the camera in when the is a chance of rain. I left the camera in the plastic bag on the high part of the beach about 50' away, I thought it was going to get hit by lightning, it was hitting ths beach all around there. It was a good thing we were not on the beach.

Lightning was hitting the water so close I was waiting to feel the electricity in the water but never did. After we got home I even goggled to see how far electricity travels in water from lightning, really couldn't find any straight answers from what I remember.

I forgot about it being beached, we were lucky to get it unstuck.

I remember it being a pain.

I don't remember if it hailed or not, we were sitting in the water just deep enough so only our heads were sticking out enough to clear the waves. The rain was so hard it would have been hard to tell if there was hail or not, and I was much more worried about the lightning.

I dare not look out of the protective beach towel but I swear the rain hurt like it was not just water. As for the lightning, I just kinda waited to get hit.

I always carry a gallon zip lock bag to put the camera in when the is a chance of rain. I left the camera in the plastic bag on the high part of the beach about 50' away, I thought it was going to get hit by lightning, it was hitting ths beach all around there. It was a good thing we were not on the beach.

I wondered where you put the camera but I remember it was fine. Also really, the beach was getting hit by lightning? I wonder if there was any sand lightning (fulgurite).

Lightning was hitting the water so close I was waiting to feel the electricity in the water but never did. After we got home I even goggled to see how far electricity travels in water from lightning, really couldn't find any straight answers from what I remember.

I think I looked it up too and it might be 50 feet?

Also thanks again for the amazing trip, at least while not pelted by rain I got to investigate a dolphin.

• Moderators

I would bet there was but we didn't know about it and may not of even looked.

When I went to find the pic I checked the date it was 6-21-2010

This is a pic as we anchored the boat and was about to head across the island, you can see it was coming.

post-11804-1381982822364_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

at least while not pelted by rain I got to investigate a dolphin

Yes you did, and you didn't even have to try jumping from a moving boat to do it this time. [:o]

Camera was a little foggy after spending time in a plastic bag, probably temperature changes, it dried out a little later. It was fun, and a little scary.

post-11804-13819828233874_thumb.jpg

Taz, i don't think there is such a thing as a boring transcendent experience.

1st I remember realizing that it was very important that I know what I was doing. I really had no idea where I was or what I was doing. I inbibed way to much as the last thing I remembered was leaving a friends house. Anyhow when I realized what was going on, I was driving down off the pass above my home town. Almost straight up on one side and straight down on the other. Never did figure out what I had been doing up there, but had I gone straight it would have been ugly................................................................................................................................................................................................

2nd Again I had inbibed to much and was riding 300lbs of dirt bike when I rode over 15ft enbankment. Remember yelling "Oh shi##", landing on my back and seeing bike coming down. Saw white light that time. Come to and friends all around me. They would not let me up and had already called an ambulance. 45 mile trip to hospital where they checked me over, gave pain meds, and told mom to have me get up to couch, then back to bed over the weekend. Had received center punch right in the heart with big bruise. I was in my teens, so the next day I drove up to a friends house. Could not use right arm, had to have friend shift as nobody drove my 65 mustang. When then drove back to hospital to see a friend who was really hurt. Back out setting chokers monday morning..........................................................................................................................................................................................

3rd was not mine, but I was told of it by a Lady I knew. Her husband had died, went throught the tunnel to the light at the end where he said he was told he had to go back as he still had a purpose to fufill. Well he recovered. Then his son's ex wife, who was still his son's good friend was brutally murdered with a knife. He helped his son get through this. I suppose as only one who has seen the other side can. Then he died again and could not be revived.

There is a corollary to this subject...... miracle cures. I've witnessed a few. Most of mine involved the lessor understood medical realm of brain trauma. People who had been damaged that were not expected to recoup managed some fairly amazing comebacks. I've also seen healthy people will themselves to die. On more than one occasion people understood in advance the day they were going to die. Some of those souls were not all that sickly. One day they awoke and knew it was their last. Heard a story about one little girl with terminal cancer. She was living at home with her family. One night this little girl sat another plate setting at the family dining table. Her mom asked her why - she said it was "for Jesus". She died in her sleep later that night. Wife #2 was a hospice case manager. One of her terminal patients proclaimed to her grandkids that when she died that she'd deliver to them a grand lightening storm. The very night this lady passed we experienced a fierce thunder storm. My neighbor who has lived here all his life said it was the worst he'd ever known.