Powered (?) by Klipsch

colterphoto1

Klipsch has plenty of small and mid-sized PA speakers and you'd think that the connection between promoting well-respected artists like Ahmad Jamal and great sounding hi-fi speakers would be a natural. In the past there were efforts made to display that Klipsch loudspeakers were used in respected cinemas, so that consumers would make the connection. A company that engineers such great sounding professional speakers could surely make great speakers for my home, right? Opportunity missed by a long shot. At least crop the BOSE stuff out of the photos if you're going to the trouble of promoting 'Powered by Klipsch'.

A friend commented to me that this was like going to a top notch winery for a tasting only to find out that Boone's Farm was being served.

post-10755-13819829660542_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Someone in marketing who really wants to get the name out is really needed, it's not like it would cost millions to get the name out in small ways like that. If people hear a sound that impresses them they will at least look at the name.

Do you even see an advertisement in Klipsh powered theaters, or almost anywhere ? Most people don't care to find out what's behind the scenes, how many go to those theaters each year ? 1-2% would be a lot of sales.

Do you even see an advertisement in Klipsh powered theaters, or almost anywhere ? Most people don't care to find out what's behind the scenes, how many go to those theaters each year ?

I agree. They aren't advertised. My local Regal RPX is powered by Klipsch Cinema speakers...but the only way you'd know is by the Klipsch badge on the speaker grills themselves. There aren't any badges outside the RPX, nor are there any accolades given during the intro...unlike Sony touting it's 4K digital projection in the same theater.

I also go to a Regal. It has Klipsch Speakers. I did not see the badges on the grills or any ads. I did hear great sound though. I really noticed after I went to another theater. It sounded better at the Coldwater Crossing. I thought that just maybe they were klipsch, used the website to look it up and it was. I was pleasantly surprised. They should brand it a little more. I have told that theater I am a repeat customer due to the sound.

With respect to the original post...looks to me like the L1's are being used as monitors. What was providing FOH?

Regarding cinemas..many of the Classic Cinemas south of here are outfitted with HPS-4000 systems (MCM cousins) and sound absolutely incredible.

I'd say the only "one-up" the JBL ScreenArray equipped Marcus cinemas have is the nearly full octave lower extension that a sheer one-story tall stack of 4642A's afford.

OTOH the JBL product doesn't carry the extreme sensitivity into the bass / mid-bass region like the HPS does. The quality in the delivery just isn't there and it's clearly audible.

Anyone that's listened to a pile of MWM's will agree..the human body can not forget the ballistic experience those things can dish out! The HPS systems use a lot of bins too, and their full tilt capability is straight up traumatic. [6]

• Moderators

Anyone that's listened to a pile of MWM's will agree..the human body can not forget the ballistic experience those things can dish out! The HPS systems use a lot of bins too, and their full tilt capability is straight up traumatic. Devil

Never heard a pile, but would like to, that's funny and scary, I sometimes think when just listening to a single set with maby a watt, what it would sound like close to the rated power ? Just hard to imagine

Klipsch President Paul Jacobs in London for a new Jazz awards show. This photo posted to their FB site, clearly showing that a BOSE stick PA was in use at the concert. I'm so ashamed.

It wasn't a Klipsch event, so I would guess he just had to roll with it...

Bruce