Klipsch CF3 Woofer rattle

dtximages

I have two pairs of Epic CF3s (love these speakers!). Of the two sets, I have three rattling woofers.

Im using one set for my stage piano that I play every day.. The rattle is very annoying there obviously. Music often times drowns out the rattle on the other set.

Is there a reason this happens? I'm very careful with my speakers but it just seems like this woofer is weak or something.

How much will it be to replace these?

Thanks guys,

another thing to check is the cosmetic trim ring around the surround. one of my spares had the glue release and part of it is loose. it's easy to pry the trim ring loose by accident if one is not careful when backing the screws out when removing the driver, the head of the screw can catch the ring and pull it loose.

• 3 months later...

Hello khornbred..... I was just looking at one of the woofers and the plastic trim ring on my recently acquired KG 5.5's.... I see that the ring is lifted away from the front baffle board from about the 9 o'clock to 12 o'clock position. I would say that there is about a 1/8 inch gap at the widest point between 9 o'clock and 12 o'clock. Is this anything to worry about?? If so, how would I fix this??

Thanks....