Posting pictures with an iMac

Knorbu

I have made several attempts to post pictures in the last couple months. I have copied the instructions from the How To Post Pictures thread, and followed them as written. When I get to the part about resizing/ editing resolution , it all goes south.

Anyone have any advise?

Thanks

Mark

IT's possible that your missing the SAVE button that might be on the far right or far bottom of the page requiring you to scroll across or down to find it! I have had that happen to me before.

If all else fails you could visit www.DELL.com. Nah, just kidding. [;)]

Naw, I can find the save button.When I push it, i get some error messages and cant post.

I am not smart enough to operate a p.c., thats why i got the apple stuff.This is the first thing that I have struggled with since converting.

Thanks tho,

Mark

Why don't you upload them to some external service (imageshack etc.) and link them?

Oddyssey, Thanks, I just got a few onto an imageshack account. I will post link in profile...........probably have to start a thread,How to post links from a mac

Mark

Test from iPad

showoff !,,,just kidding,,,Youthman ,you and photography seem to have some zen like synergy, i think with your Midas touch you could use a coloring book and a battery and have it display.

I set up the imageshack account , i will go that route for now, and look into the info you posted for later when I have more time .

Thank You,

Mark

How large is the file you are uploading? If it is too high resolution the forum will time out. Try resizing first.

If I resize a picture, what is the optimum size/ pixel ratio ? I really don't want to start a How To Add a Link thread.

Thanks for everyones help and patience.

Mark

Yay !

If using Iphoto ......click on the photo you wish to post.

On the top of the desktop where it says ..iPhoto File Edit Photos Event Share ..etc... Click on the File tab.

Scroll down to Export and click.

A new box will open up with the title Export Photos. Click on the export photos.

Now you have options for: Kind.....I used JPEG

JPEG Quality.......I used medium

Size...I used medium

At bottom of box click the Export button.

Another box will appear asking where to export the selected photo,,,I chose to export to my Desktop for convenience .

Now you can follow the instructions on the How To Post Pictures thread.

Sorry if I am being Captain obvious,but this was a bit of a pain for me.

Thanks for everybody's help and links .

Mark