Speaker wire to RCA

I installed all of my equipment in a bar at the back of my theater room. I have 3 Lascalas in the front along wit an IB sub. I am powering the IB sub with a Behringer EP4000 amp. The amp is right behind us and is really loud. The room is finished and there is no way to run new wires to the IB backroom.I would like to put the sub amp in the IB backroom. Do you guys think there would be any major drawbacks to put RCA connectors on one of the speaker cables currently running from the bar to the subs and feed my sub out on my reciever to the sub amp input?

I installed all of my equipment in a bar at the back of my theater room. I have 3 Lascalas in the front along wit an IB sub. I am powering the IB sub with a Behringer EP4000 amp. The amp is right behind us and is really loud. The room is finished and there is no way to run new wires to the IB backroom.I would like to put the sub amp in the IB backroom. Do you guys think there would be any major drawbacks to put RCA connectors on one of the speaker cables currently running from the bar to the subs and feed my sub out on my reciever to the sub amp input?

Fans in pro amps are for tight enclosed racks. does your ep4000 get hot? iv been running pro amps at home for years and snipped the positive wire on more than i can count. not 1 has even broke a sweat. just make sure you have enough wire to pull it back together to soldier if you sell or use it in a closed road case in the future(there will be a good inch or 2 extra fan wire installed from factory. all without even taking the amp case apart). do some checking around online if you have doubts. no pro amps burning up anywhere in at home use w/out fan. now if the 4000 does get hot buy the quiet fan which is as easy fix as running cables as you are aquiring info about

Since you are having a fan issue -dont forget to look for the direction of the airflow to find the correct unit - the airflow direction is usually indicated on the fan itself -

-until you get the replacement - first takeout your fan - remove the paper gasket over the bearing and lubricate the bearing with oil - sewing machine oil or even better synthetic oil used for power tools -

- if the fan quiets down - great - that means that the fan was on the way out -

-I would call Behringer to see if they have a 24 volts replacement or if your part is under warranty - noisy fans means a worn out bearing section or motor assembly - maybe they were having some quality issues with their OEM supplier

-getting a factory replacement that was tested is important - Digikey - NMB - are OEM manufacturers -

- I have a lot of good luck with BGW replacement amplifier fans , as long as the airflow is the same - BGW X2500 amplifier fans units are front to rear airflow to cool heatsinks - the bonus is that they last for ever as they are truly very well designed -- take care

- if the fan quiets down - great - that means that the fan was on the way out -

-I would call Behringer to see if they have a 24 volts replacement or if your part is under warranty - noisy fans means a worn out bearing section or motor assembly - maybe they were having some quality issues with their OEM supplier

The Behringer fans are noisey, brand new out of the box. They're not defective. They have an aggressive blade shape which causes noise as they cut through the air. The quieter fans don't move as many CFM, but as noted above, it isn't really that critical.