Outside Movie

Rivernuggets

Keep the speakers high. If not, the front 2 rows will block out the sound to everyone behind them. They dont need to be that loud if they are visible to everyone.

Thanks for the advice. That's what I've noticed at concerts and various gatherings with a DJ. I remember at a Pink Floyd show here in Madison, if I sat down to take a rest, the sound (mostly treble) dampened considerably.

Would be great to find some Euchre folks around here.

Count me in

I've played at mystic Island for a long time however, it's been a while since I've been there.

I'd love to find more players

As for the outdoor movie, great idea!!!! We had one. Also had a moterized concession cart. Had the neighbors over & the parents bought the goodies for the concession cart so the children could be told they could have anything they wanted free of charge. Was a major smash hit. Wife kept herself busy making some popcorn and bringing it out to everyone.

As for the sound... I used a pair of MWM single bins with a K402 on top. Would something smaller have worked?

Sure...

I'm not too familar with the KG series. I would think that you'd possibly want something larger to project the lower end of the sound. I understad that you ave zero interest in a WMW setup....believe me...my back totally understands!!!

Now....back to euchre....

I played this LaScala to the field. I put in Ohio State Marching band and put the volume on 'fairly stupid loud'

You could walk around the entire field and hear it. No "impact" from it but it sounded nice. I was hoping to annoy some folks across the lake in the retirment community that might have been from Michigan... [6]

By the way, when I mention playing to the field, I'm not talking about the yard on this side of the trees, I'm talking about the field on the other side of the trees.

post-15072-1381983122843_thumb.jpg

Grounds that connect with Elvehjem Elementary, east Madison.

Ooooh, I used to work in Monona and would drive in Cottage Grove Road.

About staying legal. If you don't advertise at all, not even a message on FaceBook, no flyers, etc., you can probably get away with watching anything. Otherwise, you will have to pay, and that is usually based on audience size. For an outdoor even, that will be an unknown.

Bruce

As for the sound... I used a pair of MWM single bins with a K402 on top.

I'd love to do that kind of a setup but don't have them, and most likely won't because there is no place for them in the house!

Thanks for the feedback Coytee. All information is good when planning something like this.

I've been to a few Euchre low-key tournaments here in Madison, at friends houses. Lots of fun!

Grounds that connect with Elvehjem Elementary, east Madison.

Ooooh, I used to work in Monona and would drive in Cottage Grove Road.

I live real close to Cottage Grove Road and Acewood Blvd. Travel to Monona all the time for work. [Y]

you will have to pay, and that is usually based on audience size. For an outdoor even, that will be an unknown.

I just got a movie request form from Swank.com (the apparent 'go-to' company for licensing a movie for public showing). The form asks for an audience size number, which helps determine the fee. I'll look into this a little further but so far there is no mention of how much licensing will be, not even a ballpark figure. It's starting to smell expensive.

If you don't advertise at all, not even a message on FaceBook, no flyers, etc..........

Noted. Thanks Bruce.