Emotiva and Marantz which of these is better?

Salvador

Wait so emotiva told you that the xpa amps are NOT a good match for klipsch Wink. hmm i think i read that on another thread

That's not what he said:

Thank you for your email. Klipsch speakers are hyper efficient and do not require massive amounts of power to drive them to their fullest potential. The UPA-500 was designed with speakers such as Klipsch in mind.

I talked to two different Emotiva reps on the phone on two different occasions about the XPA line for my then RF-7II setup and they both said that because of the gain of 32db and the efficiency of the speakers they advised against it. They both pushed the UPA line because of the 29db gain and said there would always be a hum with the x series and not the u series.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for your email. Klipsch speakers are hyper efficient and do not require massive amounts of power to drive them to their fullest potential. The UPA-500 was designed with speakers such as Klipsch in mind. If you have any further questions please let us know. Thank you for your consideration.

That's some damn good customer service. Most companies would try to upsell you and tell you how much you need to have the best. All things being equal, I'd usually buy Emotiva just because their customer service is actually pleasant to deal with.

Hard to say the emo has more power but probably not as clean...

Hi reference_head!

Have you ever heard Emotiva gear? Having owned more than a half dozen of their items including:

• UMC-1 AV preamp
  • XDA-1 DAC
  • XPA-2 power amp
  • Mini-X power amp
  • XSP-1 stereo preamp
  • Power cables
  • Interconnects
  • HDMI cables

I think that the Emotiva gear is the absolute cleanest-sounding that I've ever owned. Despite this, I don't consider myself an Emotiva "fanboy." The UMC-1 just wasn't my cup of tea, for example. I would say, however, that the Emotive power amplifiers are the best I've ever owned, and I've owned products from McIntosh, Bryston, Classé, and many, many other makers. So to the OP, I'd recommend Emotiva amplifiers without reservation and IMHO they are "as clean" as any I've ever heard.

Hard to say the emo has more power but probably not as clean...

Hi reference_head!

Have you ever heard Emotiva gear? Having owned more than a half dozen of their items including:

• UMC-1 AV preamp
  • XDA-1 DAC
  • XPA-2 power amp
  • Mini-X power amp
  • XSP-1 stereo preamp
  • Power cables
  • Interconnects
  • HDMI cables

I think that the Emotiva gear is the absolute cleanest-sounding that I've ever owned. Despite this, I don't consider myself an Emotiva "fanboy." The UMC-1 just wasn't my cup of tea, for example. I would say, however, that the Emotive power amplifiers are the best I've ever owned, and I've owned products from McIntosh, Bryston, Classé, and many, many other makers. So to the OP, I'd recommend Emotiva amplifiers without reservation and IMHO they are "as clean" as any I've ever heard.

Yes i have owned two emo amps (xpa-5 and upa-200)

To my ears, high-end Marantz mates as well with high-end Klipsch for HT as any SS I've heard, whether the comparison is with a receiver or seperates. Too many audition equipment by asking questions or reading specs or reviews instead of by listening. Most of our gear is as good as it is because of the speakers we use, but some, like Marantz, is a better match for the horns than some others. The best way to buy gear is to listen to it.

SSH