WTB plastic feet for the spikes on KG 5.5's

Rusty Melton

Thanks for the information! I was really hoping to find some of the plastic caps to put over the spikes that snap in place, like the ones that came on the speakers. Maybe I'm over looking them there, I'm really not really sure what to call them to look them up. But thanks again for the info runninshine.

I'm pretty sure I still have 4 that I bought and never used from Klipsch parts years ago. I should have some more in one of the several boxes of audio related products in a closet. I'll just have to dig the boxes out sometime this weekend, hopefully.

Edit: The speakers will actually sound better without the spike covers, believe it or not. Of course your flooring may suffer, depending on the type of flooring you have.

Keith

Rusty, I found 4 new spike covers still in plastic bag never used. I haven't been able to easily find more but I still have to unload a closet with boxes of accumulated audio related items from the last several decades. Does everybody else keep this much stuff? Anyway, send me your mailing address via PM or e-mail via this site and I'll send you what I have.

Keith

• 3 years later...
On 5/2/2013 at 0:52 PM, Rusty Melton said:

Thanks Keith if you find them let me know, and I appreciate you looking.

Moray, that is a great idea, I could eliminate the spikes completely with a set of these. I'm just getting tired of scratching things when I move them around.

no kidding I ripped the bits out of a brand new and expensive shoes with a spike grrrrrrr. I am done with spikes. The easiest way to adjust a speaker and the best way to load one is to use only three feet Two at the front and one positioned in the centre of the cabinet at the back. Super simple to adjust only two glides and you have your front to back and left to right taken care of more load weight per foot that way Vs four feet.

Old one revived. I sent him 4 new spike covers that I ordered years ago for my KSP-300's and removed 4 used covers from a spare KSP-300 I've had in storage for 15 years. I guess that fixed him up.

I'm like you Moray, there are plenty of inexpensive options.

Keith

Since were back..

On 12/29/2016 at 3:13 PM, moray james said:

I ripped the bits out

I snagged carpet with mine

On 12/29/2016 at 3:13 PM, moray james said:

use only three feet

and it wont teeter 

On 5/6/2013 at 2:36 PM, T2K said:

Does everybody else keep this much stuff?

No, I have never heard of audio buff keeping any more parts or equipment than is in use. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Weber said:

No, I have never heard of audio buff keeping any more parts or equipment than is in use. 

And fishing gear. Been sitting in the garage unused for over 21 years. A good many Sweden Ambassadeur baitcasters. I think 2 never used. It ain't worth selling. I slowly give them away to my yard guy. Need a shad tank?