Klipsch KG4 ReFurb Project

I often check craiglist to see what Klipsch products are available in my area. A few weeks back my search turned up results for a garage sale advertising a set Klipsch speakers (model unknown) for sale with no price listed. So out of curiosity and lack of better things to do that Saturday morning, I ventured over to take a look. Turns out they were KG4s and they had them for sale for $50 paired with a H/K receiver. All of the drivers were in good shape and cabinets as well, except for a large circular stain on top of one of the cabinets. I had no use for the receiver so I offered them $20 and on my way I went. Great deal and originally thought I would just flip these bad boys for a small profit.

Then I got home and hooked them up and fell in love with them. Even my wife noticed the clarity and detail of these speakers. So since the one cabinet was stained, I recently refurbed the cabinets and grills and am very happy with how they turned out. To make it even better, I am moving in 2 weeks and will be using these as my main system, getting away from 5.1 and going 2.1. I'm that happy with the sound quality of these, and really don't think I'm going to miss surround sound too much. So what started out as just curiosity, has turned into another very satisfying find. I've owned a lot of Klipsch products, but mostly the newer lines, I'm now eyeing a set of Chorus IIs that I think I can land for cheap.

Total Investment:

KG4s: $20

Stain & Brush: $15

Grill Cloth: $3

post-53316-13819854234582_thumb.jpg