Cornwall Insulation

I have acquired a pair rough pair of Cornwalls. They are '64 models and besides the mice that have been in there I beleive Im the first person to open these things up. The mice chewed the insulation up pretty good. Anyone know where the insulation can be aquired or if any insulation will do? I'd be much obliged for any thoughts or suggestions!

I wouldn't. You could also staple convoluted foam in there. Klipsch uses little felt feet (puppy feet) to keep the staple from tearing out when they use this material in their pro speakers. Generally you're just trying to damped standing waves inside the cabinet. Dampening ONE of each of two parallel sides is sufficient- ie back, one side, top.

• 2 weeks later...

I have acquired a pair rough pair of Cornwalls. They are '64 models and besides the mice that have been in there I beleive Im the first person to open these things up. The mice chewed the insulation up pretty good. Anyone know where the insulation can be aquired or if any insulation will do? I'd be much obliged for any thoughts or suggestions!

Many moons ago (about 10 yrs?) I was on a cornwall cabinets restoration binge, and was determined to find a good quality acoustical insulation. After some weeks of searching and a few phone calls, I found what I was looking for in Canada, Vancouver I think it was. The company was/is called "Basslinear" or "Linear Bass", something like that.

I tried their insulation for 1 pair of speakers (approx. $75 for enough to do a pair of cornwalls). I loved the end result so much, that I replaced the insulation is 10 cornwalls. I posted pic's and a web-link to the company's website in 2-Channel Land.

The Bass Linear insulation looked like 1/4 to 1/3 sized egg-carton shaped panels. The panels are easy to cut, shape and mate together. It was purposefully designed and made to fit into speaker enclosures. You'll be happy you used it,... if you can still find it. Very good stuff.... to my ears.