Yamaha M 70 two channel amp in great condition and Subwoofers

derrickdj1

Yamaha M 70 amp $275. It was sericed last year just to make sure everything is working perfectly. It is 200 watts/ch at 8 ohms. This is an excellent match for Klipsch, Zero floor noise, crisp and clean. It has easily driven the RF 7's without a sweat. I hate to let it go , but to need to get rid of some gear.

Yamaha M 70 $275- SOLD

SVS 25-31 subwoofer $ 225- SOLD

Epik Legend subwoofer $ 325 **** NOW REDUCED- $300****

Premiere Acoustick PA 150 $250 SOLD

Yamaha M 70 (2nd amp) SOLD

Opusk2k9, I am located in Munster IN and will ship double boxed.

Cviper I am making room for 2 CHT SS18.1 subs.

Scrappydue, no original packaging snice it is a vintage amp.

I am changing my setup down to a 7.2 system and moving the VF 35's to the basement system with the VS 14's. All I need is a VC 25. When I sell one or two of the subs, the left over one goes to the basement setup which will have 2 subs. The CHT subs may get here by Fri. or Sat. They will be powered by a Dayton amp. I will post my thoughts on the new subs with pic's sometime next week. I don't have a clear cut preference on the Epik, SVS or PA 150 on which on or two I will keep. They are all pretty similar with a slight edge to the PA 150 due to the high output and descent extension with room gain.

I have two M 70 amps and the M 80, so I will be ok selling one. They are some very sweet amps and some will get a great deal since I had the minor electorlytics in the amp repalced last year and the bias reset to make sure it was functioning at 100%.

Hi derrickdj1,

I noticed you have both the M70 & M80 amps. Is there a difference in sound quality between the two. Specifically with the M80 in class A mode. I've always wanted to listen to the Auto Class A mode but theses amps are tough to find in my area. The M70 sounds interesting too.

Thanks,

iwander

Hi iwander, the M 70 also operates in class A for the first 10-15 watts. The M 70 is 30 lbs vs 50 lbs for the M 80. The M 80 has 2 separate power supplies. Sonicly, in my system they sound the same. They both deliver power in excess of what any of the speakers in my signature require to reach reference level. These amps have a black floor, no hiss or hum even with you ear next to the speaker. They have been compared to McIntosh, Krell and other more expensie amp because of the SQ.

The thing I like about the amps, is that they are plug n play. I connected them to the avr and turn the gain all the way up and then run a system calibration and never need to adjust the amp again. A longtime forum member last year helped me find these amps and told me where to take them for a tune-up. I have 2 M 70, which is the only reason I am letting one go After listening to a lot of newer amps and more expensive amps , The Legendary amps are not lacking in performance!!! I have no plans to get a 3, 5, or 7 channel amp since I have 3 other great amps

These amps handle 8-2 ohm loads with authority.

I am willing to ship.

Hi derrickdj1,

I did not know the M70 ran in class a mode. I did not see a switch to activate the mode. Does the amp run hot like class a amps. This makes it tougher to decide between the M70 & M80.

I will be driving Khorns.

iwander

The M 70 and M 80 stay cool. For driving Khorn, the Yamaha would be a good choice since the speakers are so sensitive in picking up background noise that occurs with some other amps. There is no switch for class A mode whereas, the M 80 has a switch to operate in class A mode full range. The M 70 will operate in class A mode up to around 20 watts and then switches to class A/B. Ninety percent of the time I am under 20 watts in class A mode. I can't pickup a difference when it switchess to class A/B because that is really cranking the system and it is pretty loud.[:D]

The M series Yamaha amp are free of cross over distortion due to special circuitry. This is a plus for music listener or if you want to bi-amp a speaker.

derrickdj7,

It would seem you are having problems receiving pm's. After all my questions, I sent a pm on Thursday afternoon accepting your sale of the M70. I received no replies. I figured you were busy preparing for the holiday weekend. Us too.

After returning home last night, I was surprised and disappointed to learn you had sold the amp. Just my luck.

You might want to check why you are not receiving pm's.

iwander