new 5.2 setup for music

skynet

Hello every body,

i am planing to buy a new 5.2 system.

The main application is 80% music and 20% cinema.
I am listing to music in multichannel stereo.

Thats the reason why i prefer 5 identically

speakers.

I had the chance to compare the RF-7 mkii with the RF-82 mkii. The RF-7 was a little bit

better in my opinion. There is no need for full range speakers, cause the subs will do the

low frequnt job.

I have no chance to listen to the RC-64 II. But i think the RC-64 ii will be similar to the

RF-7 ii at high frequent sound.

So here is my question.

Is it possible to use 5x RC-64 mkII with 2x sw-115?
Is it possible to turn the Front and Rear speakers in to a up position?

Will this sound similar like 5x RF-7?

is this i good idear, or are there better solutions?

another option is 4x RF-82 mkii and the rc-62 mkii
I cant place the RF-7 as rear speaker, they are a little bit to large :/

best regards

sky

the RF-7ii does not match with the rf-82ii. I listen to both, seperatly and at the same time.
The RF7ii together with the rf-82ii sounds bad. No change to use them together in a multichannel stereo setup. Thats the reason for 4x RF-82 ii. I also dont like the RB 81, the RB 62 sounds much better.

So, here are the main problems:

One of the rearspeaker could/should be mounted on the wall or should not be that large. The speaker is in a corner between two windows. The waf (women acceptable factor is here important :/.

I am a little bit afraid of matching different Speakers. In Stereo or Home cinema it works great, but if quad channel Stereo or even 5 channel stereo is selected, i made the experience , it could sound very very bad. Even with the RF-7ii and the RF-82ii :)

The sub is a different thing, but i would be glad for every hint :)

I listen to a lot of music and like the fact that all the speakers are not the same size in my setup. The 6 in woofers and 1.25 tweeter in the RC 64 provide really nice vocals for female jazz singers. The RF 7's provide a more powerful presentation for a lot of other music. I think of it as a chior, different speakers all have a positive effect on the overall presentation of the music. I like the suggestion of 3 RF 7.'s and 2 RF 82's.

the RF-7ii does not match with the rf-82ii. I listen to both, seperatly and at the same time.

The RF7ii together with the rf-82ii sounds bad. No change to use them together in a multichannel stereo setup. Thats the reason for 4x RF-82 ii. I also dont like the RB 81, the RB 62 sounds much better.

So, here are the main problems:

One of the rearspeaker could/should be mounted on the wall or should not be that large. The speaker is in a corner between two windows. The waf (women acceptable factor is here important :/.

I am a little bit afraid of matching different Speakers. In Stereo or Home cinema it works great, but if quad channel Stereo or even 5 channel stereo is selected, i made the experience , it could sound very very bad. Even with the RF-7ii and the RF-82ii :)

The sub is a different thing, but i would be glad for every hint :)

I have owned the 82s and the 7s and your right they do sound different. I was just saying that if your room wont fit five 7s then 2 rf-82ii in back would be your best match imo (other than maybe rb-75 but you would need to find them used). The 82s would be the closest speaker in the reference line for rear speakers to rf-7ii in a multi channel stereo set up. The next closest would be the rs-62 but that wont work as well imo for music. The rb-62 would work good too but not as good as the 82 or rf-62ii (rb-81 also but you said you didn't like them). If you wanted to try two rc-64ii in back that might be amazing but its pretty expensive to find out.

If you wanted to try two rc-64ii in back that might be amazing but its pretty expensive to find out.

I dont care about the price.
I only want to know if it works, before i order it and mybe change the direction of the tweeter :)

Ever consider five RB 81's and two subs? These are not you average bookshelf speakers.

I have a pair of RB-35's(preceeded RB-81's) and are fantastic speakers IMO. Plenty of punch and detail. The 81's are even better with their lower crossover point and slightly larger cabinet volume. Five of either would definitely be symmetrical and perfectly timber matched. Five RB-5's may even sound better.

Bill

• Like 1