Heresy X Project Finished

CANT

Also, in playing around with my new 792's I finally figured out why the Forte's use a 40ohm resistor in parrallel with the K75. It seems obvious now but hindsight is always 20/20... the larger magnet structure increase both the resistance and inductance of the voice coil. You basically have to use the resistor to knock it down to 8ohms. In case anyone is curious here are the measurements I took (@ 1khz) using my Crites Ti diaphragm:

w/ no magnet R=8.3 L=.07

w/ 76 R=9.4 L=.38

w/ 792 R=11 L=.58

As for how they fit into my project... I'm still not sure? The 792 magnet makes the HX a little too bright for my taste but I could easily see some people liking it just the way it is? And alone, using a simple 1st order filter (1.5uf), I prefer the tractix horn but when mounted within the HX both horns have their good and bad points? Right now I would probably lean toward the tractix w/ the 76 magnet but I could pad down the 792 magnet or just stick with the original K76 setup?