Pair of RF3II for $300 a good deal?

Gatorbait2009

Saw online a pair of RF3IIs for $300. Seller says one cone has a wrinkle but doesn't affect the sound. From the picture they look like they are in really good condition. What do you think about the deal. I see they are 10 years old but that may just mean they are really well broken in right? Any thoughts on I am trying to piece together a HT. Currently have RF52II and RC42II. Surrounds are left overs from my Quintets. If i went for these and made them my fronts and moved the 52ii to a side channel would that be a good upgrade?

Any feedback is helpful!! Thanks!

they are worth between $200-$250 in great condition with no damaged drivers and they are great speakers. You could easily talk them down a bit since the cone is damaged and should/should be replaced and those drivers are like $63 i think (trying to remember when i last called klipsch). As far as piecing together the system, they should sound OK. By this i mean it will work but the speakers wont timbre match each other perfectly. The RF-3 II will not match your center at all but will still work. I am running an sc-1 center with my RF-5's and i know they aren't perfect because i prefer the sound of my rc-7 or the rc-3. BUT, i will say that if i wasn't a perfectionist knowing what i am looking for, i most likely wouldnt balk at it because it still sounds good. You can always buy the rf-3 II's, test them out and if you like them keep them. If you do't like them, sell them what you bought them for, its an easy flip.

I got my RF3ii's and RC3 for <$400 over six years ago.
No blemishes other than a couple grill pegs missing.
Can't speak to sound matching. I added RC-35s for sides that match nicely.

I have a large theater and they fill it with sound nicley. Very nice speakers.
Not an impressive low end, but in your HT you have a sub for that.
I got to do a side by side with Youthman's RF83's and it was hard to distiguish one from the other until you turned off the sub.
I agree with SuBXeRo. Talk them down around $250 and enjoy some great sound.

• Moderators

I added RC-35s for sides that match nicely.

Think you mean RS-35 [;)]

I have a large theater and they fill it with sound nicley. Very nice speakers.

Definitely rocked out your HT when demoing "The Art of Flight". Paired with a quality sub, they sound very nice indeed.

I got to do a side by side with Youthman's RF83's and it was hard to distiguish one from the other until you turned off the sub.

You forgot to mention you are tone deaf too. [:P] I don't have an audiophile ear so I can't speak of how they compare in the midrange, dynamics, soundstage etc. I just know to me, the RF-83's have a BIGGER sound and lots more bottom end.

I was extremely surprised at how good the RF-3's sounded when I demoed them at Wake's house last month.

• 1 month later...