Amar G. Bose, Acoustic Engineer and Inventor, Dies at 83

djk

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/13/business/amar-g-bose-acoustic-engineer-and-inventor-dies-at-83.html?_r=2&

I never heard PWK say anything bad about Bose, he actually praised them for their huge ad budget! PWK felt that they helped raise awareness about hi-fi with their massive expenditures in advertising.

Walking down the street, Paul sees Amar, he turns and faces a wall and
yells "Hey Amar, how's business?". Amar cups his hands around his mouth
and yells "Hey Paul, I can't understand a thing you said". Paul turns
towards Amar, cups his hands around his mouth, and yells "Have a nice
day!".

There is no truth to the rumor that Amar was placed in his coffin facing the rear wall.

2.jpg

A real Bose loudspeaker system (horn-loaded).

I have owned several Bose products in the past and I have enjoyed them. I will say this for sure, no one can do big sound small like Bose. Dr Amar took the indirect sound approach, Mr Klipsch took the in your face punch you in the chest approach....I prefer the latter but bose equipment sounds good. Thoughts with the family.

P.s. I wonder what Dr. Bose and Mr. Klipsch are talking about?

Quote: P.s. I wonder what Dr. Bose and Mr. Klipsch are talking about?

Paul Klipsch is giving Amar Bose a practial lesson in indirect reflected sound reproduction and direct radiated horn loaded sound. The clever part is that Amar knowing that he cannot "hear a word that Paul has said" cups his hands around his mouth when he responds ro Paul to make sure that paul will be able to hear his reply. In this way Paul has suceeded in having Amar make his point for him. This of course insinuates that Amar was aware of Paul's point of view when he choses it over his own method to make sure that Paul will hear him. Best regards Moray James.