Klipsch Synergy F-1 Home Theatre System

neo33

The complete Klipsch Synergy F-1 Home Threatre System consists of F-1 Fronts, C-1 Center, S-1 Surrounds and Sub-10 Subwoofer. It retails for $1,350 new a few years ago. Can anybody give me some impression of this system? What is a reasonable used price if the system is in excellent cosmetic condition? Thanks.

I own the I con VF 35 which is very similar to the F-1 and I had all the rest of the matching speakers for a 9.2 HT. I liked the system and have no complaints with it performance. I even paired some of them with my Reference set and the I con V's were no slouch. Depending on the price, they can be a great HT. What is the asking price?

This is actually a Synergy 7.1 system instead of 5.1 system in near-mint condition and I manage to get them for $400. The system consists of F-1 Fronts, C-1 Center, S-1 Surrounds, S-1 Surround Backs and Sub-10 Subwoofer. In term of sound quality, how does it fare against an all Heritage system?

Now that you have them, let your ears be the judge,[;)]. Your K-horns are in a different league but, they should be condering the price ratio of the speakers. But, as a HT the Synergy system will not disappoint you. It is fun not having all the rooms in the house not sound the same.[:D]

Now that you have them, let your ears be the judge,Wink. Your K-horns are in a different league but, they should be condering the price ratio of the speakers. But, as a HT the Synergy system will not disappoint you. It is fun not having all the rooms in the house not sound the same.Big Smile

+1 on different sounds in each room. And I personally don't believe they can shake a stick at heritage stuff.

The complete Klipsch Synergy F-1 Home Threatre System consists of F-1 Fronts, C-1 Center, S-1 Surrounds and Sub-10 Subwoofer. It retails for $1,350 new a few years ago. Can anybody give me some impression of this system? What is a reasonable used price if the system is in excellent cosmetic condition? Thanks.

you did great.

one of my friends just sold (with my help :)) pair of F-1, C-1, sub -10 and Yamaha 6.1 receiver (all 6-7 years old I think) for just below $500. he sold pair of S-1 for $75 few weeks before.

neither him or me are big audiophiles and by our opinions it sounded good, but not great. I prefer to have two big front channels and use them "uncrossed". F-1 are not capable to deliver "wall of sound" and need to be crossed. also C-1 feels kind "underpowered", but for $400 you did very good.

he already got a pair of used F-2, RC-52 and 5.1 Pioneer AVR.

he is looking for surrounds (most likely it gonna be SS-1 just because they are pretty cheap and got pretty low frequency response for the small SRS speakers).

he likes my set up and trying to copy it :).

also if you are looking for a sub I would recommend BIC F-12-very impressive bass for $200.

• 3 weeks later...

What did you not like? Setup and the right avr and room correction is the key for good sound. They are not that drastically different than the Reference speakers where you should not be able to get a good sound. Klipsch is not for everyone.Wink

they are extremely different! Totally different sound in my opinion. Not even close to the clarity at high volumes

Conflicting idea here:

What did you not like? Setup and the right avr and room correction is the key for good sound. They are not that drastically different than the Reference speakers where you should not be able to get a good sound. Klipsch is not for everyone.Wink

they are extremely different! Totally different sound in my opinion. Not even close to the clarity at high volumes

May I know what level do you consider high volume? Is -10dB consider high?

Can the Synergy F1 be played at -10dB master volume cleanly? Or gotta step to to the reference?

I'm now using Synergy B3. Will upgrading to RB81 be a night and day difference?

I consider -10 from reference moderate volume. But not quite high to me. High to me is -5 to reference or above. I think the synergy will play -10 no problem. Reference is a different story. And to me yes, If you played your b-3 towards reference compared to an RB-81 I'd say it will probably be night and day difference.

It depends on if it is music vs HT. A lot depends what you are driving the speaker with. My Pionerer can take the Icon V system to about -5 before distortion occured. With my 100 watt Sony it occured much sooner as expected since with more than 2 channels driven the avr is more likely only putting out maybe 35- 50 watts. Also take into account the power handling of the speakers. HT can be more demanding than 2 channel stereo. The Reference speaker will distort also has they reach the power limits of the avr or amp. No system is immune to this, it is just the laws of physics and not anything wrong with Synergy or I con systems. People that buy the lower cost system normaly do not spend a lot on the power supply. My Sony is perfect for my HD 500 system. I have a 40 watt McIntosh receiver that will distort my RF 7's sooner than my Pioneer or Yamaha M 80 amp that is 250 wattsThat is why many people use external amps or avr that can drive all the channels at the stated power output. Good power mangement is needed for any system to function cleanly. That is one reason to set speaker to small in an HT system.