K-33 serial number

RAFellows

I recently found an old pair of 15" woofers. They look just like K-33-M's with the large square magnet however they do not have the Klipsch sticker. They do have what looks to be a serial number and I have seen similar numbers before on K-33's. Can someone help me identify which woofers these are? Serial number is "137 7445". Re is about 3.9 ohms. The guy I purchased them from thought they were Speakerlab W1504S, however the color of the frame is the dark anodizing not the light color of the Speakerlab W1504S.

They are probably the job/production number from Eminence. You can email Eminence with those numbers and ask if they are the Klipsch K33 or ask for the T/S parameters. The T/S parameters would tell you if they match the K33 or not, too.

I picked up a couple or LS cabs with no-name drivers and sent the info to Eminence and found they weren't even close.

Bruce

ps Welcome to the forums

I recently found an old pair of 15" woofers. They look just like K-33-M's with the large square magnet however they do not have the Klipsch sticker. They do have what looks to be a serial number and I have seen similar numbers before on K-33's. Can someone help me identify which woofers these are? Serial number is "137 7445". Re is about 3.9 ohms. The guy I purchased them from thought they were Speakerlab W1504S, however the color of the frame is the dark anodizing not the light color of the Speakerlab W1504S.

Actually the "137" is the manufacturer code for CTS (Chicago Telephone Supply). I suspect that "74" is the year of production and "45" may be the week of production. I believe that Klipsch contracted CTS to make drivers to specification for them during the 1970s (maybe even through the acquisition of Pyle).

CTS also sold the units as OEM to other manufacturers other than Klipsch. Typically I believe that you would find that a Klipsch code would be a B = CTS (Chicago Telephone Supply), Brownsville TX or a P = CTS in Paducah KY (woofers only). You possibly have woofers with Klipsch specifications; however, they are most likely OEM for something else since they do not have a "B" or "P" along with a K-33 stamp.

Here is a link for various manufacturers' codes.

http://www.webervst.com/codes.html

Edit: There is a thread somewhere that I can never find when I want to reference it that gives the Klipsch Heritage serial number codes and other manufacturer codes such as the CTS codes.

Edited by Fjd