New Cornwallian

Big Bean

Yes indeed. I just bought a pair of real clean Cornwalls at my Klipsch dealer Simply Stereo in Hoffman Estates northwest of Chicago. I just have one of them hooked up as only one at a time would fit in my car - picking the other one up tomorrow after work. I'm running the Cornball on the left and my RB-5 on the right and it sounds great even with one missing. So now I'm Slammin and Impactin as hard as I can as often as I can.

------------------

eat your vegetables

This message has been edited by Big Bean on 07-07-2002 at 06:01 PM

Welcome Big Bean!!

You are going to love those Cornies but - Fair Warning:-

When I first joined this forum crowing about my KLF30's one of the inmates warned me that I was at the wrong end of a steep-sharp and expensive upgrade path.

Be strong because at the end you will have to live with what Those GD!! Cornwalls have done to your bank account!!

Those beautiful SOB's will mercilessly reveal - and emphasise every deficiency in your source material and room..... On the other hand they will glorify the good stuff!

Grab the ride by the tail - pay the fare - enjoy!!

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)

Lynnm is right on!! I parlayed my Cornwall II find last fall into a full blown Klipsch Home Theater. You'll find yourself playing with different toys until you get a combo that makes those Cornwalls sound awesome. It's incredible how much difference the electronics make with the Cornwalls.

Interesting that you found those at Simply Stereo. That's where the first set of Cornwalls I laid ears on came from. Do they have any more old Klipsch sitting around??

Congratulations on your CornwallsSmile.gif

This message has been edited by dndphishin on 07-07-2002 at 10:56 PM

Ditto what Jeff said. My favorite aspect of Klipsch Heritage ownership is that it's the end of audio envy for those of us who are in it for the MUSIC. I absolutely look forward to every session, and never tire of the sound.

God bless PWK for making music accessable to the masses!

Dave

------------------

David A. Mallett

Average system component age: 30 years.

Performance: Timeless

I meant income wise. I am definitely one of the masses. I paid less that 1700.00 for my 'horns, and I know others of the "masses" that pay twice that for HT stuff that sounds like hammered **** .

The K'horn is the only speaker made that I can afford that offers me a "whatever it is, it ain't the speaker" musical experience.

If that isn't worth being thankful, I don't know what is!

Dave

------------------

David A. Mallett

Average system component age: 30 years.

Performance: Timeless