Acurus A250 my impressions

Shodrewken

I had men't to get this up sooner, but I haven't had any really listening time till yesterday.

First off, I will say this again, Bill is a packing King! Period. End of story. The box could have seriously been dropped off a multistory building and the amp would have survived.

Anyway, this is an awesome amp! I first hooked it up to my Chrorus II's, and there was an immediate improvement in the bass department. More pronounced and just had more authority overall. Highs and the mids sounded basically the same to me, which I guess shouldn't be too much of a surprise since its basically the same amp, just with more power. Which is fine because I love how the Chrours' sounded on the A150. The A250 really makes the Chorus II's well rounded for my music and I don't feel the need for a sub anymore.

After I had some listening time with the Chrorus' I hooked the Acurus up to my RF-7 II's. I've always read that Acurus has been pretty modest about their amps watts/ch so I figured the A250 should stand up pretty good against my XPA-2, and it did. Power wise I couldn't discern any difference, same slam/punch was there on both amps. The only difference was up top, the Acurus sounded a little less sharp, more laid back, but only ever so slightly. I don't think it'll replace the XPA-2 in the living room, but the A250 has a permanent place in my two channel rig.

Its too bad that Acurus' new amps are so expensive, ( at least for me anyway ) I would love to try their newer stuff in my HT. But in any event, if you can find one of their amps on the cheap, new or older I don't think you can go wrong, this is one good product!

post-24778-0-06180000-1386865445_thumb.j

First off, I will say this again, Bill is a packing King! Period. End of story. The box could have seriously been dropped off a multistory building and the amp would have survived.

Andrew,

Thanks for the kind words. I just pack gear like I would want it to arrive to me, safe and sound.

Anyway, this is an awesome amp! I first hooked it up to my Chrorus II's, and there was an immediate improvement in the bass department. More pronounced and just had more authority overall. Highs and the mids sounded basically the same to me, which I guess shouldn't be too much of a surprise since its basically the same amp, just with more power. Which is fine because I love how the Chrours' sounded on the A150. The A250 really makes the Chorus II's well rounded for my music and I don't feel the need for a sub anymore.

Glad to hear you are really enjoying the A250. It really does have some serious bass drive.

Bill